“Awesome Food, Save Room for Dessert!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 219 Restaurants in Rapid City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Bar, Dessert, Hamburgers
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: A family owned favorite for 30 years offering American cuisine for breakfast lunch and dinner. Be sure to try the South Dakota Buffalo, a delicious summer staple. Named ‘Best Favorite Restaurant’ by the RC Journal, the staff is devoted to community partnership and civic endeavors.
Peoria, IL
“Awesome Food, Save Room for Dessert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just left this place and couldn't wait to write a review. I had the best coconut cream pie, all made from scratch, that I've ever eaten. This place boasts of the best pastry chef in South Dakota, and I'd have to say that is probably right. The dessert case was full of so many different choices that I had a hard time choosing. The portion size is generous, so be sure to save room after your meal.
Dinner was quite good as well. I had the Blue Walnut Salad, and the smaller portion was just right, in keeping with my plan to save room for dessert. My husband had the special, which was barbeque chicken with their own barbeque sauce, baked beans, cole slaw and cornbread. He said it was all very good.
Their homemade breads are to die for as well. The offering this particular evening was salted rosemary, a sweet bread, which was served warm.
The waitress who served us was very friendly and welcoming and the service was great. No complaints on this one!
We will most likely go back for breakfast in the morning, we liked this place so well.
You can't go wrong with choosing this restaurant but you will have a hard time choosing your dessert. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Marshfield, Missouri
“Nice Reastaraunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Colonial house was a nice restaurant in rapid city, great change from the big chains. Its a little pricey but the food and selection are great, They also have a nice bar area in the restaurant.

Visited May 2013
“Great Service and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We enjoyed dinner at this busy busy place on a Friday. We got there around 5:15 to beat the crowd and glad we did because by 6 there was a line. Prices were in line. The 2 of us got out for $40 including appetizer and two entrees.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Quirky place with good menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

From the outside, this place looks like it would be your typical "denture haven" but the menu is surprisingly modern: walleye fingers, hummus and pita plate, spitfire pasta are all pretty good but I absolutely go here for the blue walnut salad with grilled salmon--always good!

There's a rotating selection of pies available by the slice. Sticky rolls are cookies are available in the front case to go (unless sold out).

Kooky Wizard of Oz decor is interesting, service is good. Nice place for families, can also accomodate large groups.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Kitschy and Delish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband ate here for breakfast one morning since our hotel did not offer free breakfast and was so enamored that we returned at night for dinner. He had the elk prime rib and I had a menu special. Our waiter was attentive but not overbearing and was quick to keep our water glasses full and even brought out more home-baked bread without us asking. My husband's steak was perfectly cooked and even my broccoli was not overcooked as is common in many restaurants. However, the creme de la creme was dessert. With over a dozen different pies to choose from, we each got our own slice: he banana creme and me strawberry rhubarb. I confess, his was better but both were exceptional. Go here for breakfast, lunch, or dinner--you won't be disappointed in the food, service, or price.