We and another couple stayed here in September 2012 for 3 days in rooms 1 and 8. We would rate it 3.5 stars.
- Breakfast: Cooking quality was excellent, perhaps the best we have ever had.
- Dietary Restrictions: The hosts are very interested and capable in terms of meeting dietary restrictions.
- Common Area: This is large and comfortable
- Rooms: Large and beds are comfortable. Reasonably nicely furnished.
- Facility: The facility is well kept and the front section is attractive.
- Location: It’s further from Rapid City than I thought; probably to far for a quick drive in for dinner and back. On the other hand it’s about 12 minutes from Hill City which has some good places to eat and the usual tourist stuff. It’s also a lot closer to the Black Hills tourist stuff than Rapid City.
- Location: The location is just far enough off the highway that it cannot be seen from the highway. They have a sign on the highway, but I don’t recall if it is lit at night. The turn is a local road and does not have a street light, so it’s tricky and easy to miss at night.
- PLUMBING: The temperature of the shower water for both rooms fluctuated significantly when a water source somewhere else (e.g. toilet) was used.
- Plumbing: In room 1 the shower faucets both turned in the same direction (rather than opposite), so adjusting the temperature was non-intuitive.
- Plumbing: In room 8 the shower faucets are very difficult to adjust from outside the shower because the toilet is in the way.
- Grounds and local area: Room 1 has an outside entrance which opens onto a patio where the Inn serves dinners during the summer. They had just suspended service there for the season when we arrived and the tables and chairs were stacked up – it was a bit tacky. Also the far side of the Inn and back were not well kept and visually a bit tacky.