“Definately not what your paying for!!” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Mobridge, South Dakota
“Definately not what your paying for!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I know we were there in Memorial Day weekend but the cost did not match the amenities. We ended up with the Executive Suite which was the last couple rooms that had. On first walking in the door I thought wow this is nice and then the reality set in. The first thing my wife noticed was the toilet was filthy, she ended up cleaning it with a paper towel before she would use it. We then changed into our swimming suit and went to the pool right away. The floors at the pool were super slippery, they didn't put much thought into what they put down for floor covering around the pool; I even saw a kid slip and fall just walking into the door, he wasn't running or anything. They would not let my little girl go down the water slide while riding on my lap and she was to little to go her self so that was a bust and the water slide in the kids area wasn't much better. When she used that it ended above her head so she wouldn't go down it so all she did was splash around a bit. It said the pool closed at 10 o'clock at about 10 minutes too the staff pretty much came in shut the play area off and turned the lights off. The towel rack was completely empty also so we had to walk back to our room completely wet. Once back in the room I realized the a/c was off I turned it on and it kind of worked. To make matters even better my wife got up in the middle of the night and used the rest room and the toilet wouldn't stop running. I had to get up and take the back off the toilet and fix it. Would recommend staying some where else unless you want diy repairs in the middle of the night!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JGustin, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
So sorry we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. We take pride in providing outstanding customer service and regret, for you, we missed the mark. Thank you for sharing your concerns -

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

After my stay here I feel nauseated and very disgusted at how my family was treated. It's one of those situations where if someone would offer my family to stay here for free I would reject them and pay full price anywhere else at this point.

First bad sign was the fact that when we arrived around 4:50 pm with our luggage in tow and we were told our room was a long distance away and on the second floor to which there are NO Elevators too. We ask for assistance and we were informed they had just released the bellman. Who does that at prime check in time?! I was not the only one who was upset in the long line of arrivals.

We got to our room and it was hot and dusty. It honestly smelled like it hasn't been opened up in months. I turned on the air and opened the balcony door. In the bathroom I noticed dust and dirt in the bathtub which is icky but with a twist of the shower handle it was gone. No biggy.

Thankfully we stayed out of our room most of the day but on our second (and last night) I spilled some of my light beer on the floor and threw a bath towel on top of it to dry it up. The towel started to turn black in parts which made me back off gagging. I have no idea what it is. Dirt? Vomit? Dust? Poop? No one knows but I do know my two year old son touched this disgusting carpet and that sent me over the edge. I looked under the table and against the edges and the carpet is covered in dirt! I took a white cloth to it and lightly dragged it across. Ew is all I can say!! Behind the tv we saw dried on crusted food on the walls and that was it!

I went down and brought the front desk girl the towel and asked her for a response. She said she would get a manager or a Matienece person right away. 2 hours and 3 phone calls down there demanding someone to show up so I can get my kid to bed, a Matienece guys shows up with towels.

I called down demanding an explanation to why she would send towels for my situation. She mentioned I asked for some cause there was none at the pool. That wasnt me... I told her that would do nothing to clean my room. She then told me he was suppose to bring a vacuum. What could would a vacuum do? Then the story chsnged... he was suppose to bring a carpet cleaner now... the matience man was now suppose to clean the carpet.

And let us stay there with wet carpets and fumes at 10pm at night? With a two year old and an asthmatic mother?!

She then admitted there was no manager one duty.

So instead of handling it she jerked a mother around making her two year old stay up past hus much needed bed time in a disgusting room. She should have moved us at the least!

She said she would have the manager call us in the morning. I'm not holding my breath after what she did. I think it was purposeful that she got me to go back to the room to wait for this "solution" rather than deal with it. That, in my book, is the worst!!

And for the parents out there who are wondering if the pool is worth the worth the bad review... No! There are better ones. Live and learn right?

I also will include a picture of the towel.

• Stayed May 2013
JGustin, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
So sorry you did not enjoy your stay - we regret we have let you down and hope to have another chance to offer you our well known customer service!
Dakota Dunes, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We bought a waterpark package for the first night of summer break and their water park was not open. Fortunately we were able to get rooms at th Watiki water park just and exit away for the next night or our kids would have been very disappointed. The room was ok - but I can't get past the false advertising. They have a waterpark - but it was never open during out stay. Shame on you Best Western.

• Stayed May 2013
JGustin, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Oh my goodness - what a goof on our part! I sincerely apologize and regret the waterpark was not open!
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Good place to stop for a night with a pet. Rates were reasonable and the facilities good for dog walking. Restaurant was empty at 7:30 pm., which speaks louder than any comments here. The room was a bit smelly...probably needs to have carpet replaced. Beds were comfortable. Not sure we would choose this place again unless it gets an update.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JGustin, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
So sorry we disappointed you -
Vienna, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

First impressions matter and from the outside it was ok, then coming in the greeting from the girl at the desk started ok, but went a bit downhill the moment the phone rang she just turned and ignored us and dealt with the call, changed a reservation, answered the bunch of questions all while we were standing there. Then she came back to us. It's the classic who should get attention first and how to handle multiple demands, but it seems if you already started the process, why would we be second to the phone call and not have them go on hold?

As a facility, I suppose if you had a family with kids and the water park they have was open this place would be a the most exciting and fun of your life. But for a few days for work it is just ok. It gets the job done and seems fairly clean and sorted out. Luckily I didn't have to climb to the second floor nor walk or drive ALL the way to the other side of the hotel for my room. This place is very spread out and a bit disconnected. There are also varying levels of consistency to the decor, maintenance and age of various parts of the facility which don't leave one with the greatest impression all the time. But again, it is suitable.

At first I was concerned about the brick for a bed, but then realized it may be some kind of "memory foam" type of mattress and I actually slept quite well. As far as using the computer in the lobby to try print boarding passes -- a big negative here. It only worked one of 5 tries to get a page out, various errors printing. It's some archaic Windows XP machine and 2 strangely configured "terminal" type machines that don't actually connect to the printer which I didn't realize at first. It has an option to print to a printer that apparently doesn't exist. Spend a few hundred and get that equipment updated!!

The one positive is that it has the Minerva's restaurant connected and this one is GREAT and is good for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I attended a convention at the Ramkota hotel in April. My room was fine and the facility overall was fine. Take note that there are no elevators in case your room is on the second floor.
The hotel is fairly spread out and the event facilities are located on both ends of the hotel. Half of our even was on one end while the rest was at the opposite end of the hotel. That meant a LONG walk to half of the convention. While not really a deal-breaker, it was definitely a pain in the butt.
The indoor waterpark was cool and my son really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: The suites don't have a door to seperate the rooms, so it's basically one big room.