“Excellent/Genuine Customer Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Excellent/Genuine Customer Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I have to give this hotel a lot of credit for the excellent customer service that the entire staff and the manager provided. First day that I checked in Rhonda helped me. She spent tremendous amount of time explaining the hotel's features and amenities and draw the areas of interest on the map for me. I did greatly appreciate Rhonda's genuine assistance. It was very personal and first class! Thank you for that! I got to say however that the breakfast was a bit disappointing. I would definitely suggest that honey be serviced in small cups instead of little bags that resemble "ketchup" bags. Scrambled egg was pretty dry and did not really taste like scrambled egg. But, the bottom line is that with the excellent customer service that I received and with sincerity of its staff, I will return to GrandStay of Rapid City. Way to go!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
grandstay8, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing the GrandStay Residential Suites in Rapid City. It is our goal to give each and every guest an outstanding experience as well as service while staying with us. We appreciate all comments regarding your stay, thanks. We also look forward to your next arrival. Thank You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel is quite nice looking from the outside and lobby. The cost is twice the going rate compared to other motels in the area. The decision to stay was not the cost but the overall
street appeal which we thought would translate to an excellent stay.
I always ask for a quiet room even if I have to walk further from the service areas or breakfast area. Checked into the room. The stove was dirty and greasy. There were grease spots on the carpet. At 11pm, the dogs from the ajoining Indian housing development started barking. This lasted all night even though we complained. Couldn't get a refund or kind word from the franchise owner. She said she was not responsible for and would deal with our complaints. She told us it was a corporate problem. I called corporate headquearters after several conservations with the franchise owner and did get results. The corporate indicated that the problems were supposed to be handled by the local operator. She was very rude to us.
My advise is to stay somewhere else for half the price.

Room Tip: Always inspect the room first. If the clerk won't let you inspect the conditions, move on to the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback and apologize if this stay did not meet your expectations. We take our customers feedback very seriously, and have discussed your situation with our staff to ensure a positive experience for all of our guests in the future. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience you occurred while staying with us.
melbourne australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a 1 bedroom apartment. I must admit we thought the rooms rather small after other hotels we had stayed in but that was our initial settling in period. Once we were settled the rooms were comfortable enough and clean, The staff were super nice here and the manager Gavin was lovely to deal with, even helped us book a game of golf. We had never heard of this hotel chain before we read the reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed in what we got.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at GrandStay Residential Suites of Rapid City, SD. We strive to make all of our guest stay great, as well as our customer service. We take all comments seriously and appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your vacation stay. Thank You, we look forward to your next arrival to the Black Hills
Lakeville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 5 days while vacationing in the area. This property certainly had some pluses, (see below) but also some minuses and in my opinion only an average property.
Things that we liked were: very good free breakfast, nice selection of quality food. Immaculate breakfast area one of the cleanest I have seen in years of travel. Front desk staff (especially in evening) were friendly and helpful. The high speed internet worked well and was reliable.
The tings we didn't like were: Size, we had a two bedroom room and were disappointed in size and lack of things I would expect from a hotel with name "residential Suites" or things I expected based on stays in past at places like Residence inn and Homewood suites for example there was no oven and a small microwave, making cooking next to impossible. no kitchen table on a small counter, no place to eat as family. Also, only one bathroom, again when we have stayed in two bedroom rooms at other extended stay properties, there has always been two bathrooms.
I saw others raved how clean it was but we felt like it was only OK, for example they had not cleaned out refrigerator from previous guests who also had left cake frosting all over the inside of the fridge. Generally, housekeeping appeared to do the bare minimum on cleaning our room each day.
The swimming pool is very small, if your kids are more than 8 or so years old they will not like the pool area. Not a huge deal but my kids look forward to swimming in the evening.
The hotel and guest rooms are in need of some updating (looks like it had been a Country Inn and Suites at one time). For example, we had a broken chair in our living room that they did fix but broke again two days later. The carpet is room was stained and generally things are just in need of updating.
Again fine for a short stay but if you are travelling with your family and in area for an extended stay, and thinking (like I did) this property is like a Residence Inn, I suspect you will be disappointed. I would look at other properties such as the Cambria Suites that is opening in June 2012.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My family and I were greeted by a wonderful and courteous staff member. The room was clean. Probably one of the cleanest rooms I've been in without spending four star money.
The staff was friendly. I would like to thank Mary for making our breakfast accommodations personal. Awesome general manager. The wireless network went out the evening we checked in, but Gavin was on top of things by keeping his customer's first.
Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed April 2012
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night in April 2011 while on a trip across the midwest. We had driven from Minneapolis to Rapid City in a day and the Grand Stay was more than a welcoming sight.

Front desk were happy to assist with a number of requests and the rooms were fantastic and spacious.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Flandreau, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had wonderful service from the staff. The rooms were huge, well kept and comfortable. With two televisions, we were able to watch what we wanted, instead of the child's choice. Breakfast held a huge tasty variety, well stocked and it was nice to have good coffee available all day long. We stayed during the Stock Show in January. Room rates were their normal considerably lower rate, unlike the other motels that jacked their prices for the two weeks. We will definitely stay at GrandStay when we are in Rapid again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
grandstay8, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Rapid City, and attending the Stock Show! We are glad you had an out standing experience with us! Thank you for the kind words and compliments- greatly appreciated! We all look forward to your next arrival!!

Thanks

Been to GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City? Share your experiences!