“Great hotel, Great staff, Great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Conneticut
“Great hotel, Great staff, Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This wonderful hotel with large rooms and very comfortable beds was in a great location for our visit to Mt. Rushmore. Daniel (the mgr) and Ashley who checked us in were extremely pleasant and helpful. Sliders, a restaurant next door to the Fairfield Inn has delicious food and reasonable
prices. Internet is included as well as a very good complimentary breakfast. It is attached to an indoor water park which was not crowded since most children are back in school .

Room Tip: We loved room 302, a very spacious one bedroom in a quiet area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Penn Laird, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here for a family vacation, which included visiting Mt Rushmore, not too far away. Very nice hotel, great breakfast spread, included in the hotel cost, and a great staff. There is an attached water park, which we did not have the opportunity to visit. The water park entrance fee is not included with the cost of the hotel. The room suite was beautiful, offering ample space for all of us to sleep. Great to see PBS, which has appropriate morning programming for the kids. We found the TV/game combined console annoying. When you just want to watch television, you don't want to have to figure our how to get off the game console menu. We visited in the first few days of August 2013, just prior to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. We had not realized that was taking place when it was. The roar of motorcycles was everywhere; the bikers, friendly.

Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Ok I had previously tried to review this hotel and due to 'insufficient' information it was not published. We flew in here from DFW so spent the first and last night at this hotel on our road trip. The lobby was clean. At the beginning of the road trip we got a room on the second floor which was ok. The last night of our trip was a whole different story. We were allocated a room right outside the lobby which looked to the elevators. The room was disgusting and dirty. We were in the room 5 minutes and my 7 year old son said there were flies in the bathroom, dismissing it as just one. We put the tv on and sure enough 3 more flies started flying around. Going to investigate we were disgusted at the grim/rust and dirt in the bathroom. My husband hot-footed it to the front desk and explained to the lady what was in the bathroom. She did not even engage in conversation with him but told him she had no rooms left. After explaining the big flies and dirt she moved us without even inspecting the room. Fairfield this hotel my have a clean and upgraded lobby but this in not the case with the rooms. Very disappointed in you Marriott!!!

Room Tip: If you get allocated the first floor room right by the lobby and lifts say NO!!!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I has nothing but great experiences at thw Fairfield. The manager (Daniel) and receptionist (Ashley) were absolutely fantastic. They made sure we always had what we needed and assisted whenever asked. Front desk, in general was beyond amazing! Huge continental breakfast and our room was awesome. The hotel itself was clean and inviting. The Watiki water park (attached) was the best price I've seen and the most accommodating for all ages. I can't wait to see what the future expansion holds. My son could crawl where ever and not get scraped up from the ground! Our room seemed soundproof, as I heard no one outside ever. This made it perfect for when my kids had to sleep at their scheduled bed times. Sliders grill has a menu that seems to suit many food varieties and decently priced. I have to say this was my best stay yet in Rapid City! I plan to stay here next time we come to visit as it was one of my best experiences.

• Stayed August 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed with my family with two small kids this past week and had a WONDERFUL time with the hotel, the attached Watiki waterpark, and the absolutely awesome Sliders sports bar and lounge. The food was great, the room was unbelievable, and the staff was great. I'm already planning my return to the area in the near future!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Room Tip: Staying in one of the suites that overlooks the waterpark is a great plus for the kids!
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We arrived late at night to the Fairfield. Staff were pleasant. Our room was up to date in furnishings and decorating. Very clean. We stayed one night here to begin our vacation and will stay again at the end. We did not realize it was attached to a water park when we arrived. Breakfast was ok.

Libertyville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Responding to the call for a Double (Buffalo) Nickels road trip, my travel mates and I staked our claim to a room at the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott in Rapid City, South Dakota. What better way to celebrate the passage of my time than to visit the timeless grandeur of the Badlands and Black Hills.

How could I ever have anticipated the bonus that our stay at this hotel would bring? It started with a slew of people, whose entrance almost seemed synchronized, converging on single young woman behind the front desk. She remained calm and personable, with just the right touch of “stepping it up,” to satisfy the most easily frustrated of patrons. “My name is Ashley,” she said, “if there is anything else that you need let me know.”

Our room was clean, there was a great rapid (no pun intended) cooling refrigerator and the beds were firm. Breakfast, included with the stay, offered a wide offering: cereals, doughnuts, eggs, waffles, breads and, of a variety of juice, tea and coffee. Newspapers and T.V. were also available if one just had to have a reality update.

We discovered that this hotels quick access to Interstate 90 (east/west) and route 79 (north/south) really improved day trip travel times. Whether checking out Sturgis, Devils Tower, The Mammoth Site, The Badlands, Mount Rushmore or Custer State Park - you are on your way in no time.

During our stay, we had the good fortune to twice attain our limit fishing for rainbow trout. We had the fish cleaned in Custer, but needed to freeze them in order to eat them back in Chicago – what to do. We entered the hotel with fish in plastic bag - in memorable irony – Ashley and Stephanie were behind the front desk keeping busy with no one else in sight. I sheepishly questioned whether there was a way I could possibly wrap the fish and put them in a small freezer up front that held some frozen treats. “We have a freezer in back that we can put them – no problem.”

Staying at this hotel was a pleasure through and through; during the drive back, I could not stop thinking about my desire to return – two Indian Head pennies came to mind – I always wanted to see this place in the winter – I know just the place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites - Rapid City? Share your experiences!