“Good deal in December!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Alberta, Canada
“Good deal in December!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Near the interstate, and right beside a huge restaurant and water park, this is a good choice. We paid $75 including taxes for a room with 2 queen beds. Breakfast buffet is good, and the staff friendly and efficient. It is worth being a member of the Marriott Rewards program!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

we came and stayed to enjoy the water park. The kids loved the water park. The room was very nice. We had a of fun staying and playing at this hotel. We got a great deal on our room. we will stay again if we can get a good deal on the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights and loved our experience. We picked a package for a room and 5 water park tickets per day. The room was very clean and cozy with a big comfortable bed. The room also had a flat screen tv, micro/fridge, desk and a big clean bathroom. The room was serviced well everyday and the breakfast was excellent with plenty of food and coffee. But what makes this hotel so great is the attached water park. You can walk in and out of it from the hotel as you wish. There is plenty for the kids and adults in the water park and ALL of us loved it. Good location right of I-90 with restaurants and gas stations close as well as all of Rapid City very close. I would love to stay here again the next time we vacation in Rapid City!

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor at all costs and try to get a room opposite of the water park.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The staff at the Fairfield Inn Rapid City truly make this property worth staying at. I visit Rapid City monthly for work and the Fairfield Inn is where I want to stay. During the year I will stay at Marriott properties well over 110 nights, from JW Marriotts to Full Service Marriotts to Courtyards, and Rapid City Fairfield Inn goes well beyond any other property to acknowledge my business and make me feel welcome.

The rooms are clean, the food in Sliders is above what you would expect for a hotel restaurant, and the location for the property makes getting around Rapid City easy.

As a platinum premier Marriott member the Rapid City Fairfield Inn ranks as one of my favorites.

Room Tip: With a family I would suggest the first floor closer to the water park. For the business traveler I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

When we made reservation, we did not know that there is a water park attached to this hotel. However, there were no negatives associated with that. We asked for a room on the top floor and were never bothered with any noise. The good thing is that, because of the water park, there is also a restaurants and bar within the complex. It is convenient to get a drink or a bite to eat in the evening, or any time. The room is clean and the hotel staffs were friendly and accommodating. My only complain is that, perhaps it is time for the hotel to update their sheets and towels. Our sheet on the bed was so old and so uncomfortable – it feels like sleeping on millions of little fiber balls. If you pick it up, you can probably see through it.

Room Tip: If you want quietness, ask for a room away from the water park.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Before going I called and spoke to the manager . I explained that we were on a 40 day Road trip and I was hoping for a better price then posted on the web. After many conversations she was able to extend a great price for our 3 day stay. We planned the stay 4 months in advance.
Upon arrival I was greeted at the desk with a smile and tons of local information. To my surprise there were 4 water park passes included in our room which was much appreciated. Marriott really knows how to open the red carpet for their guests. The indoor water park was so much fun. We all enjoyed it. My favorite part was going down the slide with the kids and the lazy river. You can never be to old to enjoy a cool slide. I felt that the park catered to all ages. There was a kiddie area with lots of activities for my little ones. I felt very safe, they had a well run security procedure. No one was able to leave the area without a matching wristband to a parent. It made us feel at ease. My 2 oldest were able to run free. while I was able to stay with the little ones. It was an enjoyable experience. We are sure to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Grand Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days and the stay went good. The lady at the breakfast on the first day was extremely friendly. The last days there was another one who was not as pleasant.
The only ting that went wrong is that we left the privacy sign on the door and when we return the sign was gone and the room was cleaned.
Dont know if another guest removed the sign or the housekeeper just ignored it.
Rate is super good and there is a very good steakhouse right in front.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites - Rapid City? Share your experiences!