“Great family hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 52 hotels in Rapid City
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great family hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights and loved our experience. We picked a package for a room and 5 water park tickets per day. The room was very clean and cozy with a big comfortable bed. The room also had a flat screen tv, micro/fridge, desk and a big clean bathroom. The room was serviced well everyday and the breakfast was excellent with plenty of food and coffee. But what makes this hotel so great is the attached water park. You can walk in and out of it from the hotel as you wish. There is plenty for the kids and adults in the water park and ALL of us loved it. Good location right of I-90 with restaurants and gas stations close as well as all of Rapid City very close. I would love to stay here again the next time we vacation in Rapid City!

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor at all costs and try to get a room opposite of the water park.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The staff at the Fairfield Inn Rapid City truly make this property worth staying at. I visit Rapid City monthly for work and the Fairfield Inn is where I want to stay. During the year I will stay at Marriott properties well over 110 nights, from JW Marriotts to Full Service Marriotts to Courtyards, and Rapid City Fairfield Inn goes well beyond any other property to acknowledge my business and make me feel welcome.

The rooms are clean, the food in Sliders is above what you would expect for a hotel restaurant, and the location for the property makes getting around Rapid City easy.

As a platinum premier Marriott member the Rapid City Fairfield Inn ranks as one of my favorites.

Room Tip: With a family I would suggest the first floor closer to the water park. For the business traveler I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

When we made reservation, we did not know that there is a water park attached to this hotel. However, there were no negatives associated with that. We asked for a room on the top floor and were never bothered with any noise. The good thing is that, because of the water park, there is also a restaurants and bar within the complex. It is convenient to get a drink or a bite to eat in the evening, or any time. The room is clean and the hotel staffs were friendly and accommodating. My only complain is that, perhaps it is time for the hotel to update their sheets and towels. Our sheet on the bed was so old and so uncomfortable – it feels like sleeping on millions of little fiber balls. If you pick it up, you can probably see through it.

Room Tip: If you want quietness, ask for a room away from the water park.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Before going I called and spoke to the manager . I explained that we were on a 40 day Road trip and I was hoping for a better price then posted on the web. After many conversations she was able to extend a great price for our 3 day stay. We planned the stay 4 months in advance.
Upon arrival I was greeted at the desk with a smile and tons of local information. To my surprise there were 4 water park passes included in our room which was much appreciated. Marriott really knows how to open the red carpet for their guests. The indoor water park was so much fun. We all enjoyed it. My favorite part was going down the slide with the kids and the lazy river. You can never be to old to enjoy a cool slide. I felt that the park catered to all ages. There was a kiddie area with lots of activities for my little ones. I felt very safe, they had a well run security procedure. No one was able to leave the area without a matching wristband to a parent. It made us feel at ease. My 2 oldest were able to run free. while I was able to stay with the little ones. It was an enjoyable experience. We are sure to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Grand Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days and the stay went good. The lady at the breakfast on the first day was extremely friendly. The last days there was another one who was not as pleasant.
The only ting that went wrong is that we left the privacy sign on the door and when we return the sign was gone and the room was cleaned.
Dont know if another guest removed the sign or the housekeeper just ignored it.
Rate is super good and there is a very good steakhouse right in front.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel during all of my trips to Rapid City for business and pleasure. I highly recommend it to everyone. You might think that since it's attached to a water park it would be noisy and not a good place for the business traveler....quite the opposite is true. They take everyones stay seriously and have kept it very quiet even when the hotel is full. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Breakfast is good and offers a variety of foods. I utilize the exercise room and they even made some changes there that I requested during a recent stay. The hotel is not located right in town, but is a very easy drive away. I highly recommend this hotel while in Rapid City. I have stayed at others and found this the best!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cheyenne, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We booked our stay at the Fairfied in Rapid City, SD by calling the number provided by the water park that is attached to the hotel. I confirmed that the package we were reserving included with our stay water park admission. I was assured that it did. Unfortunately we were mislead. I do understand things happen and I do not usually give negative reviews, but the management at the hotel as well as the desk service were terribly rude. They had no desire to make any effort to work with us on the miscommunication.

I said, "So, basically we were lied to."
Their response, "Yes, I guess so."

We chose to leave the room they had assigned to us (which also was not cleaned and had stained carped), my husband stopped by the front desk and apologized for all the confusion. The manager said, "Yep."

Very disappointed with the start of our family vacation. Moved to the Country Inn and Suites in Rapid City, SD. What a difference service can make. Owned by the same people in town, but the management was night and day difference!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
fairfieldgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites - Rapid City, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I want to apologize for the staff being anything less than helpful and understanding to your situation. I am positive that it was not their intention to make you feel this way. I have since made sure that everyone on staff understands what to look for on the reservation screen to make sure we are telling the correct information when our guests call in and ask what is included with the room they rented. Thanks again for your comments on TripAdvisor they are a very helpful training tool to make sure this kind of thing does not continue to happen.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites - Rapid City? Share your experiences!