“Excellent Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Bismarck, ND
“Excellent Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

The people at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. So were the housekeeping associates. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. The waterpark was also really fun. The kids really enjoyed it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

I was very disappointed and paid too much for my room. The walls are paper thin and people let their children run through the halls at all times of day late into the night. I order a movie and the TV keeped change channels on us. I called the front desk to see if they could fix it and he told me I would have to come down and get a new remote if I wanted it to stop and that didn't even help. The toilet clogged and I had to call twice to see if someone would come up to fix it and they told me they don't do that, but they could get a plunger for me. I had to call the next morning because they didn't have any extra plungers to give me that night. The customer service sucks.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

We did enjoy the waterpark--which we'd been to before. This was the first time we stayed at the La Quinta though. It was terribly overcrowded. There were not enough parking places. They allowed parties in the lobby until the early morning hours. They ran out of hot water, so I ended up taking a cold shower. All this, I might have been able to overlook, but they way the employess spoke to my family and me was completly out of line. I also witnessed three large male employees walk up to a group of kids in the hallway and order them to leave. There was no request. There were no manners. They were simply being big bullies. I might go back to the waterpark, but I won't return to the La Quinta.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

This hotel was connected to an indoor water park: (--) The cost of the hotel was the best I've seen in a long time. The room was clean and large enough for a roll away bed. There was a $10 charge for the roll away bed, which was about the only negative thing I could come up with for the room. The internet connection was excellent. The free breakfast was decent, and they had a waffle station that was very good. The kids loved the water park and had no trouble getting to sleep that night!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

I booked this hotel thru Expedia and I received a discounted rate for my five nght stay
(Sept 2-7). The room was clean and we had maid service throughout our visit. The front
desk was very helpful as they answered our questions about restaurants and the area attractions. My wife Diane and I really enjoyed the Black Hills and the Badlands as
well all the attractions. It was helpful that this hotel had a self-service coin-operated
laundry area for guests. There is a water park on the premises but we were not interested in this activity. Breakast was included and this helped our budget. However,
what struck me the most was it was a "pet" friendly hotel as I kept on seeing hotel
patrons with dogs. Since my wife and I care for two dogs at home; it certainly brightened
our spirits.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

This hotel has one of the friendliest staff I’ve ever experienced. Located right off the interstate, the La Quinta offers easy access to many popular destinations. This property is connected to a huge indoor water park, which my 2 and 5 year old niece and nephew loved! The hotel staff is beyond friendly and welcoming, especially the staff working in the free breakfast service area. There are not many restaurants close by, with only fast food within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

Rooms were very clean and comfortable..the best part was having a fridge and microwave in each room. Front Desk staff was very helpful and provided free shuttle service to the airport---nice touch!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!