“Good Choice in Rapid City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avanti Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rapid City
Avanti Motel
You added Avanti Motel to your Saves list
102 N Maple Ave, Rapid City, SD 57701-1535   |
Ranked #31 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Franklin, Indiana
“Good Choice in Rapid City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had three basic needs for a hotel while visiting the sights of western South Dakota; inexpensive was tops, clean, and centrally located. The Avanti was perfect. It's an older family run hotel. I have no reservations in recommending your stay. We stayed four days. The staff was so nice, David and Markie were friendly and helpful in every way possible. If you don't need a ritzy place, this quaint little gem is a diamond in the rough. Walk down to Jerry's Donuts in the morning and have some coffee with the local folks too. We were only going to stay one or two nights but stayed four. Nice.

Room Tip: Just ask, the staff on duty will let you look at the rooms before deciding. We stayed right next to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pomona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have stayed at this motel twice. The price is excellent. The front desk is always helpful and friendly! The location is excellent. Dont hesitate to stay here!! This is my favorite motel in the rapid City area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Recently my boyfriend and I were stranded in Rapid City, SD, due to inclement weather for 2 days. Not only did they give us a discount, but the people at Avanti were super nice and accommodating. They allowed us to check out later due to our late departure time, and helped us find good places to eat/order from. Sure there isn't the amenities like a hair dryer or continental breakfast, but when you are traveling and can't afford a pricey hotel room, the Avanti serves its purpose. They are comparable to Holiday Inn, Super 8, and others. They had wifi, which is really the only amenity I care about. For $40/night(normal rate is around $45 for 2 people) they provided a surprisingly clean hotel room. The beds were cleaner than any other hotel I've stayed in, and the smoking room we were in didn't have any scent of previous smoking. It was a great stay.

Room Tip: get one right next to the main office for best Wifi signal.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are comfortable, and affordable,professional staff was almost like family to my wife and I. Convient and not expensive supply of hygene products in the office. I have alot of family in Rapid City and I visit often from El Paso Tx. Were looking forward to our next visit in Rapid City and the Avanti.

• Stayed November 2011
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Motel is clean, rooms are larger than you would expect, and this is an excellent value. Although they do not serve breakfast, there is a really good doughnut shop within two blocks that I walked to every morning and it opens at 5 a.m. My family and I took two rooms, none of us saw (or felt) any bedbugs. They do not have a swimming pool but will allow you to use one at another motel a few blocks away. The staff is very helpful, when we wanted restaurant recommendations, the gentleman at the desk would have the information right at hand, even called the restaurant for me and checked on the hours. So you get real concierge service at no extra cost. If the motel is full, the staff is nice about calling around to other motels for vacancies. I was traveling with my elderly parents and the motel was good about holding a first floor room for them so they did not have to climb the stairs.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They have two smoking rooms but non-smokers probably would not care to stay in them.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Beware this motel has a history of bed bugs! I did not know it, and I ended up with over 187 bed bug bites while staying in room 13 on August 24 and 25, 2010.... The motel knows of the problem because it has plastic covers for the mattresses, but they have not corrected the bed bug problem! My trip was ruined. I doubt it if they even care.... What a bunch of blood suckers the motel is!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

I went back to this hotel because the staff is very nice and helpfull, the rooms are clean and spacious. however, the breakfast is not included, it's a pity. the hotel is not so far from the city center. Very affordable (except during Sturgis Rallye). I am very glad of my stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Avanti Motel? Share your experiences!