“Excellent Diner ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 214 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American
“Excellent Diner ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Our hotel was just at the back of Arnold's .we went there and it was great .....friendly staff good food .good drinks . we will go again when in that area ......

Vienna, Virginia
“Good Food & Shakes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was happy to find a diner but once I entered, I was a bit disappointed. A dated interior that could stand a bit more cleanliness. The food was good however and the shake was great. I don't think I would return but I did enjoy the meal. Service was not really good.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Troy, New York
“the owners need to read this!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

It sounds like they run a good breakfast place, but I agree with the other dinner comments. Either the owners have done a terrible job training and putting on the proper number of staff(They were understaffed!!!), or the waitress is just poor at her job. I have been to over 500 diners and have never walked out of a diner before tonight. We got our water promptly, but that was it. There was a couple who were there before us and they got their water after us and told the assistant they wanted to order. she said she would get the waitress. As we left, the waitress went over to a guy who had just walked in while other people waited to order and still had not got the order from the other couple. I saw many other inefficient things happen. I like diners, I look for them when I travel, so I hope the owners see this and fix this serious issue.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Place to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stopped at Arnold's Diner on our way through Rapid City for breakfast. It was outstanding in every way. The eggs were cooked exactly as ordered and the sourdough toast was some of the best I've ever had. Very generous portions of everything. The hash browns were cut fresh and the service was fantastic.

We like breakfast so much that we stopped for a late lunch on our return trip. My wife and I both had burgers and fries which were great. The burgers were fresh and juicy and again the service was outstanding.

This will be a must stop at place every time I pass through Rapid City.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Fun place, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We ate at Arnold's on a recent trip to Mount Rushmore. The senior menu offers a great quarter pound burger (seemed much larger!) and generous portion of french fries for a very reasonable price. We split a chocolate malt - where can you find malts anymore, anyway??? Delicious!

The service was okay - not overly fast or attentive, but was fine with us. The only real complaint was the restaurant was freezing cold - and outside temperatures were not warm.

If you are looking for a good burger in a cute 50's diner, Arnold's was a good choice.

• Visited September 2013