“Restful, great value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Restful, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

When I got stuck in Rapid City during one of the Black Hills crazy winter weather, I was fortunate to find Americas Best Value Inn had a room available and ready for me. You won't find friendlier staff! The room was clean and modern with all the qualities needed for a restful night sleep. Best of all was the price! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Jessica F,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I will pass your kind words on to our staff. They do try hard, and it's good to know people still appreciate it. We hope you'll come visit us again when weather is a little nicer.

P.S.
Reeva says "Go Big Red!"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I really love this hotel for the price. It's by no means a luxury hotel, but it's clean, comfortable and a very handy location right off the interstate and close to several good restaurants. but the biggest reason I like this hotel is the staff. They are extremely friendly and know my name when I walk in the door and always accomodate my special requests, such as an extra pillow, coffee, etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rick O.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We find that just because we are not a "5 Star" hotel doesn't mean we can't provide 5 Star service. I will pass your kind words on to our staff. It is great to know that their efforts don't go unnoticed.

Owner
Laramie, WY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here one night of the three nights I was in the area and I must say next time I will stay here before I stay at the other place I stayed the last two nights in Rapid City. Internet was good speed and overall room was comfortable, I will say the mattress was to soft but that is just personal preference. If you are traveling and want a clean room for a good price be sure to take a look here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Spookemook,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Next time you visit our hotel please let us know that you would prefer a firmer mattress and we will try to do whatever we can to meet your needs.

Safe Travels,
Eric Seljekog
Alliance, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Our family has stayed here for the past 4 years during the Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo. We LOVE it!! The staff is very friendly and helpful. We love the breakfast choices they offer. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Best of all it is very reasonably priced!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hi Alicia L,

Thank you for staying with us. We strive to make every guest experience a special one. Your feedback and recommendations help us keep costs low and your stay affordable.

We look forward to seeing you and your family in the future. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to ask.

Philip, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently for a basketball tournament in Rapid City. The staff were pleasant and treated us very well. The room was pleasant, the beds were comfortable and their breakfast choices were wonderful. The only negative is that during the winter there isn't access to a pool due to the hotel only having an outdoor pool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hello Shannon J,

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Owner
Newton, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Best Motel in the country. Staff is Excellent, Breadfast is fabulous, rooms are wonderful, Host is very very helpful. This is a motel you won't forget. Very easy to get to off I-90 and a straight shot to downtown Rapid City. Resturants adjacent to motel.

Your home away from home !

Room Tip: You owe yourself the pleasures of this Motel and its Staff.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Tom,

Thanks for taking time review our hotel. Your reviews and recommendations help us keep costs down. Thanks again, and we hope to see you next year.
Atkinson, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

1/27/13 Just got home for staying to nights. First we go into the room and there is hair in the tub. First night the people across the hall partied noisy until after 2 a.m. next night same thing. I discussed calling the office with my husband, but were afraid they would use our room number when they confronted the party. When checking out told the front desk of the situation. The night guard was there also he claimed he did checks throughout the night. Poorest night checks I've heard of this went on for hours each night. Desk clerk wouldn't do anything about it more or less claimed I was lying to get a discount. You are close the interstate and can hear traffic all the time. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear 539vickie539,

I'm sorry you don't feel that we did everything to meet your needs. Both security and the night clerk do regular checks of the building all night every night. We take all comments very seriously and all complaints are dealt with immediately and anonymously when they are brought to our attention. Unfortunately we can’t offer you a complete refund when you wait two days to tell us there is a problem.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!