“Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Rapid City on vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Kansas City
“Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Rapid City on vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Our family of 4 including twin 14yr old girls extremely enjoyed our Mt Rushmore area vacation and the quality of our stay at this Comfort Inn (I can't vouch for the other C.I. in Rapid City) was part of that great vacation. The suite room was great, it was very clean (and we are picky), it was in a great location to start off from every morning, the breakfast was good, and the value for a "vacation destiny" city was very good. Also, Ruby Tuesday restaurant in next lot was great for a good meal to end the day. For anyone else making their 1st vacation to this area with family and teenagers, I will add this info: Before getting to RCity, the Badlands were an unbelievable sight to see (longer loop-drive than expected), Wall Drug was OK just to say you have been there, MT Rushmore & Crazy Horse were very interesting; the girls really loved Bear Country USA (although pricey), Reptile Gardens was OK, driving through the Black Hills just long enough to get to Blue Bell Lodge on outskirts of Custer Park was nice trip. The horse back riding we did at the Lodge was great! They treated us very well! Enjoy your vacation!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

We visited this hotel for two nights on our way home. All Rapid City hotels are over-priced, but this one is way over-priced for what you get! Of all the hotels we stayed at during our trip, this was the most expensive, yet nothing made this one stand out. It apparently won the award for Comfort Inn of the Year a few years ago, but I don't know why.This is a nice hotel, but basic, nothing special. I was really expecting way more! We requested a fridge, but didn't get one. Our first room smelled like smoke, so I asked the housekeeper working down the hall to come in and see if she could smell it. Her response was, "I didn't clean it!" so I explained why I was asking her; I just wanted her opinion. I then called the front desk. What I didn't appreciate was we were told to bring everything back down to the front desk, so we had to haul all of our stuff back down to the lobby just to be handed a new set of keys and sent back up to a room two doors down. Why one of the clerks couldn't have just run the keys up to us, I don't know. Also, no one ever apologized for the inconvenience! The rooms seem a little small, but they are clean. The breakfast was fine. This hotel is just a basic stay that's way over-priced, but it is clean and easy to get to.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

I chose this hotel because it got an award for the hotel and I was disappointed. We arrived around midnight and the clerk informed me that she was about to give away our room. I already paid for the room yet she was going to give our room away.

Then I tried to get wifi guess what a big hotel like this had no wifi. They had Ethernet and the cord was so short that I would have to be stuck to a desk when I wanted to use my computer on my bed.

Breakfast area was large and it was very crowded both days. They only had one person replenhising food thus food choices were limited.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

We had a great stay at this Comfort Inn. Very comfortable beds, clean rooms and a really great pool area. Very good breakfast & spacious breakfast area. Ruby Tuesdays in the parking lot delivered which was really handy as well. Definitely one of the nicest Comfort Inns we have stayed at.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
beaver dam, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

very clean, nice continenal breakfast and a attendent for breakfast bar, very quiet hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Assiniboia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

By far the nicest Comfort Inn I've ever stayed at. Plus it is in probably the most convenient area if you are trying to access any of the area's major attractions (i.e. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Cosmos, Reptile Gardens, etc.). I would recommend this hotel to absolutely anyone!

• Liked — Absolutely everything.
  • Disliked — There aren't more hotels like this one.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

We stayed here four nights and we found it to be a great place to stay. Very conveniently locatated to all of the Rapid City attractions. Very comfortable rooms and beds. Everything was kept clean and very organized. Free continental breakfast was very good. Nice pool and outdoor patio area and the hotel had plenty of parking. You will not find a nicer or more pleasant place to stay. Ruby Tuesday restraurant next doors had a fabulous salad bar and above average food.

• Liked — Very clean and quiet
  • Disliked — Lots of clorine in the pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!