“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yankton, South Dakota
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My son is 14, almost 15 and is old enough to be in a pool by himself. He was not allowed to be in the pool or the workout area without a guardian or parent present. I can somewhat understand the workout area. However, the pool is ridiculous. He is 160 5'8 and can drive a car on his own. I am quite sure he is able to swim by himself now (sardonically stated). After seven hours on the road in a car I do not feel as though I should have to monitor my child who is larger than me be in a swimming pool.

Felt like he was always being watched. Breakfast was ordinary nothing spectacular. A child about the age of 3 was running up and down the breakfast area with snot all over her face and workers did not seem to stop that contaminiating behavior. Otherwise disappointed as a AAA member when booking that children Under 17 can not be in the pool area by themselves and that they need to be monitored with their hand held at all times. Crazy and much to extreme. I could understand if he was with friends (kids can be rowdy in all honesty) however he is solo and is a mellow child. Will not stay again. They need to post when booking regarding these stipulations therefore we can make A CHOICE on conditions.

Room Tip: Must be with your child at all times if they are under 17 (seriously--my son can drive me here in a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RapidCityComfortInn, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Because there is not a life guard on duty at our pool, we take our responsibilites very seriously. Our rules and policies are intended for the best interest of all our guests no matter their behavior. I can understand the frustration you may have felt, however please understand our concern was for the safety of your child. It's not a matter of the size of a person, but age and responsibility. We would not be acting responsibly if we waived this rule.
I do apologize that you feel we singled out your son. But I stand by the rules we have posted for all of our guests. We want everyone to have a pleasant experience, not a tragic one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I found the staff to be very accommodating and the facilities to be clean and well kept. Morning breakfast was well stocked with ample choices. Only down side are the walls seen to be thin we could hear our neighbor snore the entire night, but they probably had to put up with my snoring also!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gillette, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very friendly and accomodating. Great shower head and good water. Good location.
Beds could be a little more comfortable but not too bad. Good coffee and breakfast. We always stay here when we are in Rapid City.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was returning from a trip to the Black Hills and had to get a hotel in Rapid City for an early morning flight. Hotel was unexpectedly nice - very clean, quiet rooms, greta bed, and reasonable price. Staff were most accommodating and helpful. Highly recommended and would return again in a minute.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Powers lake nd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very nice clean hotel with very reasonable room rates - stayed there twice. First time was awesome. Second time our car got doomed in the parking lot twice :( and we were very unpleased to find hair in the bed :(

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RapidCityComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I want to first thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your first stay. We always strive to exceed our guests expectations, however your second stay fell short. For that I apologize and I hope you will give us another opportunity to gain back your loyalty.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Outstanding exercise room with good equipment, Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms very nice and clean. Pool, Sauna and hot tub were also clean and in good working condition. Breakfast area also clean. The night manager was also great. His customer service skills will be one of the reasons that I will always stay at this location when I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RapidCityComfortInn, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Comfort Inn & Suites in Rapid City and for sharing your nice comments. We are so greatfull when we hear we have done a good job and I will share your comments with our staff. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Comfort Inn & Suites in the very near future.

Sandi Winter
Director of Sales
Kailua Kona, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We used to stay across the street at another brand "inn" but after three tries, we were tired of the thin walls and poor service. This is our second stay here and love it. Staff was friendly and efficient. Fresh baked cookies were available in the afternoon. Rooms were clean, quiet and spacious.

Couple of downsides, the WiFi was very slow and the breakfast menu did not vary.

The breakfast provided was the usual free fare which was good and breakfast area was large and well maintained. The breakfast area was available at other times for brought in meals to be shared with the family. There is a Ruby Tuesdays right next door. The wall thermostat worked well with the below the window unit which was quiet when on. We stayed warm in spite of the single digit weather outside. We plan to stay here again next time in Rapid.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!