“Thank you, Steve” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 52 hotels in Rapid City
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Thank you, Steve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

A few days back I stayed at this Comfort Inn while my mother was in the hospital down the street. In my rush to check out, I lost a ring that I had taken off in the bathroom. As I was heading back to my home in Sioux Falls I realized I did not have it on. As I was still on the road, my husband called on my behalf. Steve, the evening manager went up to the room and searched the bathroom, toilet bowl and all while my husband was on the phone. I later found the ring in my luggage.....but I wanted to say thank you, Steve for going the extra mile on my behalf. I have been using the Comfort Inn while my mother has been hospitalized and the staff is awesome.

Thanks again, Steve

A very satisfied customer
12-4-12

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our greeting at the check-in desk was very pleasant, professional and helpful. Our room was located on the 1st floor which made it very convenient and accessible for us throughout our stay. The room was clean and fully stocked with products for our need. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean - the water warm - soap and shampoo was provided.
The breakfast bar was well stocked for our desire and taste and also had friendly staff. The front desk staff was helpful and pleasent during our stay and at check-out.
Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and give the Hotel a superior rating for any future stays in the Rapid City area. Thank You!!
Arnold and Jan Schimke

Room Tip: Be kind to the staff. It has its rewards.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
naples,fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I come to Rapid quite often for business and I must say that this is one of the better properties in town. The build quality of the hotel seems to be beyond the average hotel, with high quality fixtures and furnishings throughout. The best part is the toilets ( I'm not kidding!). They are the true "jet flush" kind, and you will marvel at their efficiency!
The amenities are generous in this property. The free breakfast has fresh fruit choices, fresh waffles, and different baked goods. There is a business center and a well equipped gym with a wonderful swimming pool. The rooms are large and have free wi-fi, and a nice flat screen TV.
The location is ideal, as you are close to downtown and Mt. Rushmore is literally a right hand turn out the hotel, and then about a 20 minute scenic drive. There is also a Ruby Tuesday's right out the front door if you don't feel like driving out for a meal.
Overall, the property is clean, staff is friendly, and the value can't be beat!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. Clean, quite and friendly. I thought the bed was a little hard, but my hubby thought it was perfect. When we checked in the front desk told us that there were four high school choirs staying at the hotel! They assured us that they put us in a quite room and it was! I was shocked it even faced the street & Ruby Tuesday but we did not hear any street traffic and the not a peep from the high schoolers. Close to Mr Rushmore. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a jacuzzi suite - loved it! It was on the third floor and very quite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Haven
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This stay was one the worst I have ever had. The noise from an adolescent girls' volleyball team was intolerable. What's worse, when I went to complain at 10:00 PM, the management trteated me like I was the problem. In fact, the hostess just laughed at me and told ME to be quiet. I immediately checked out and went to another hotel. If the staff cannot keep their guests quiet and respectful of other guests I don't have any respect for them. You'd have to be desperate to stay here. The evening/night of this hotel needs training.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Oakwood, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very nice hotel. Very clean and convenient to town. Free cookies in the evening. I was pleasantly suprised to find such a nice hotel so far from the rest of the world. I only was able to stay the one night, but I will definitely stay here again when I come back into town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I am so relaxed tonight. Currently in a comfortable bed looking out at a nice vista. Nice walk to Ruby Tuesday's and a great dinner just down the steps. I love not to drive somewhere for dinner after driving all day! Great service by the front desk when I called for reservations. Hayden was running the front desk and did a great job and had warm cookies baked for us as we came in from dinner.

Room Tip: Top floor for the view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!