“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 52 hotels in Rapid City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a well designed clean hotel with GREAT front desk staff and amenities (pool, hot tub, laundry room, restaurant/bar, free coffee). This was our first Cambria Suites stay and we were impressed; we will stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor with a king size bed and a sleep sofa for our daughter. It was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sam C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We think you are "Wonderful" too! Thank you for thinking about us, and writing a review. We hope you continue to stay at Cambrias, and we especially hope you come back to stay with us.

571 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Lihue, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

From the minute we checked in, until the time we checked out, we were impressed with how the staff took care of us. We were addressed by our first name by the front desk, which we had never experienced in all of our travels. Our suite was great and designed professionally. This hotel was quite and had all the amenities anyone would need. The access to the facility was easy to get to and is beside Cabela's for the hunters and fishermen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to say such nice things about your stay. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. It is our intention to make you feel like a guest rather than merely a customer, so we do our best to provide that feeling. You are always welcome in our establishment, and we hope you come back to stay again.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I got online and read the reviews on several hotels in Rapid City. Normally, we stay at a Marriott or Hilton owned hotel, but the reviews did not impress me. I decided to try this hotel since the reviews were excellent. I was a little worried since I had never tried this brand, but I was not disappointed. My family and I spent five nights at this hotel last week, and I would highly recommend it to others.

The location is great since it is right off the interstate and next door to Cabelas, which is always a plus. It is located at an exit with lots of places to eat, such as Longhorn Steakhouse, Famous Daves, and On the Border. Going just one exit down is the mall with other restaurants. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you wherever you need to go. One day it was so cold that I did not want to warm up the pickup, so we had him take us to Cabelas and pick us up. That was so convenient!

The hotel is very new and very clean. The rooms are suites, which is such a plus with kids. There is a tv in the living room and a tv in the bedroom area. The room has a mini refrigerator and a microwave. The bathroom had plenty of room, and the beds were really comfortable. I was able to get the room as cool as 65 degrees, which is great since I hate a hot hotel room. The heated indoor pool was so nice, and there is a workout room looking into the pool area. It had lots of towels, and was very clean. I even got in with the kids a couple of times because it felt so great!

Every morning we went downstairs for a wonderful breakfast. Joy served us every morning, and even cooked our breakfast. She was absolutely the best and was so great to my kids. She smiled, was so accommodating, and really seemed to enjoy her job. Employees like that are very hard to come by, and I hope that this hotel knows what they have! I cannot say enough nice things about her. We had a cook to order breakfast every morning, and I must say that it was excellent. It is not included in the price of the hotel, but the breakfasts run about $10 for adults and $5 for kids. I think that is reasonably priced, and it is well worth it! They do serve lunch and dinner in the hotel, but we did not take advantage of that. However, on our last night, the kids wanted to order room service, so we ordered a BLT and E (egg), shrimp cocktail, and of course ice cream. It was excellent! I never thought of putting an egg on a BLT, and it was probably the best one I have ever had.

I am impressed with the management of the hotel. Every time I needed anything, they were so accommodating. They have maps and gave us great directions to Mount Rushmore and other places to visit. I would highly recommend this hotel, and when we go back to Rapid City, this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 434, which is on the opposite side of the interstate. We slept great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad you chose us based on what you read on TripAdvisor. We are firm believers in an unsolicitated system with honest guest feedback. It is our intention to always give our guests our very best, and to make sure that they feel that they are the most important part of our day. I'm also thrilled that you were able to sample such a variety of our amenities. I know that we offer the best lodging experience in Rapid City, and it is nice to hear that we were able to demonstrate our efforts effectively to our guests. Thank you for the feedback, and please come back and stay with us again.

Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here for recent business trip and was greated very warmly which is always nice after a long day.

Kylie at desk was exceptional. She found out my first name and greeted me with my name the rest of my stay. Entire staff was very accomodating and friend and will be back.

Rooms are very reasonable and rooms are very nice and comfortable.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a comfortable stay in Rapid City

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sam C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Kiley is amazing! She definately has a knack for remembering names. I'm so pleased you had the opportunity to stay with us, and allow us to showcase our love for hospitality. Thank you for taking the time to review us, and I hope you return to stay with us again.

Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Good layout for rooms, clean and comfortable. Ample size bathroom. Pool and jacucci area were large but nothing fancy for kids. They were still happy to swim. We got on the road early, so did not have breakfast but that area did look nice. Complimentary coffee brewed in the lobby. Great freeway access.

We had one minor situation and the management was quick to address it. Kudos to them for their commitment to guest satisfaction! I would return and recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We truly appreciate your business, and that you took the time to review our property. I apologize we didn't deliver a "perfect" stay, as that is always our aim. We hope you will return and give us another opportunity.

SF Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a great night sleep and superior service. Rooms very generously sized. Breakfast wait staff were especially nice and accommodating. Breakfast was extra, but worth it. Only downside are no restaurants within walking distance yet, but there's a new restaurant being built close by. Huge jacuzzi for relaxing at the end of the day. All and all a great experience.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are so pleased you chose to stay with us, and we are most definately aware that we are a bit away from the "beaten path". The good news is, that is about to change, and our area is under rapid development. We are glad you had a chance to relax in our 12 person hot tub (our chief engineer takes great pride in the crystal clear water in our pool and hot tub). We hope you come back to stay with us again.

Newtown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Immaculate rooms with 2 flat screen TV's, beautiful bathroom, and the best pillow top mattress I have ever slept on. Wonderful buffet breakfast in the morning and polite staff. Definitely recommend and will stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I agree about our mattresses, after I slept on one I ordered one for my house! We truly appreciate your business, and would love to have you come back to stay with us!

Sam Cannon

Been to Cambria Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!