“Why go anywhere else” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
San Francisco, California
“Why go anywhere else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was my first experience with Cambria, I went on the reviews and gave it a try and so glad we did. Of course being new there is a distinct advantage everything is clean and lacking the usual wear of a well worn in hotel. The hotel decor modern with great design features which will appeal to a lot, it feels like an upscale boutique hotel. Staff are friendly rooms are spacious along with a roomy bathroom. The pool was fantastic and open 24hrs and the gym looked great but did not actually use it. The place may seem a bit far from downtown and sites but it is well worth it for a comfortable stay which is incredible value. I look forward to my next Cambria experience. There is no meals included but there is a restaurant and place to buy snacks, I saw many partaking of the late night tubs of ice cream on offer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Brand new at the time. Lots of ammenities at a low price - great Internet speed, two TVs, big minifridge, nice towels and sheets - highly recommend this hotel. The people at the front desk were very nice and the price we paid was much less than I think this hotel could charge. tried the Fairfield Inn down the highway and Cambria wins hands down. I will stay at Cambria's every chance I get.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The staff greeted us nicely, and addressed us by name throughout our stay. The hotel was in immaculate condition, the room was absolutely perfect. Could not have been nicer.

There is plenty of parking available, and the hotel is very conveniently located off of the freeway. It's clear there will be an abundance of development right next to it in coming years; the land is zoned for retail and there's a Cabela's located just down the street.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Madison GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This property has been open for almost four months. The beds are great and the rooms are clean. The king suite is tight for the person on the side against the wall. I like the seat in the tub/shower but there is already some grout discoloration. The towel racks under the sink are really nice. I've never seen an ionic, ceramic blow dryer in a hotel room. Soaps, shampoo, conditioner and lotion are all coordinated from Bath & Body Works. The makeup mirror is nice. The breakfast isn't free but the fresh strawberries & blueberries are the best fresh fruit I've ever had. One morning, the breakfast bar wasn't closely monitored; some items ran out and others were beyond freshness even though it wasn't close to the end of breakfast. The next morning, it was quite nice. The omelet bar was good. Self-serve, coffee wasn't really hot. Staff is great and very honorable. We left an item and they held it until we returned to get it.

Room Tip: Contrary to another review, I would suggest requesting even numbered rooms. The lower odd numbered r...
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at another hotel (Econolodge) and were not at all happy with the place so we took a ride around and low and behold found Cambria Suites right next to Cabela's. It sits by itself on a unfinished road so it really doesn't stand out. It's also hard to get to if traveling west on 90 as the next exit doesn't lead to it easily.

We were greeted by a professional friendly staff. The hotel is brand new and is gorgeous. The rooms are designed with ROOM in mind. Spacious room with sofa with separate flat screen TV than in the bed area so able to watch without disturbing another slumber. Price was excellent but I foresee that to increase as word gets out. Bar staff were very pleasant too. This is now the place to stay in Rapid City well out ranking the old Radison. The only down point is the location. Must travel by car to get anywhere except what is on site. A+++++

Room Tip: We stayed with friends and their room was as spectacular as ours. Have a feeling they all are great...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had no idea what to expect of the Cambria Suites when I booked my stay. I am from Rapid City and thought that I knew all the hotels and The Cambria Suites Blew my mind. I have traveled all over the world and it is a breath of fresh air for Rapid City to have such a classy Hotel in their midst. From the night that I checked in and was treated with such kindness and respect to walking into the beautiful room, I was seriously impressed. I have never seen any hotel with such a great gym, pool and hot tub. The restaurant and bar were nicely priced and offered very nice meals and drinks. I can not say enough about the staff, Never in any of my travels have I met such professional, kind and personable employees of a hotel. Everyone smiles, are very helpful and just flat nice! I will be staying here every trip to Rapid City and any where Cambria Suites are and would recommend this Hotel to anyone who asks! All I can say now is WOW!

Room Tip: Listen to the Staff. They will not lead you wrong. When I went into my room I was so shocked at how...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I cannot say enough about our wonderful stay at the Cambria Suites. It was clean, staff was so friendly, and the rooms were comfortable and the beds cozy!!! A little tight in the bed area, but what the heck, you are in the bedroom to sleep!!! Everything was new, it is kinda tricky to get to. Even the GPS couldn't find the road, but if you say you are looking for Cabela's you'll find it because they are right beside it. The staff helped give us directions very easy. And the evening front desk girls a HUGE shout out to you as well!! You made our stay even more special!!! By upgrading us, you made us feel so special, and felt honoured. I looked at it as our 25th anniversary perk!! Thank you Cambria for your hospitality. We would highly recommend you any day!! just keep up the great job. Yes, they do not have a complimentary breakfast but that was okay with us. We enjoyed the complimentary coffee, and I was quite content with ordering just toast to get me going.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cambria Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!