“I really like this place! - said by me shortly after checking in.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cambria Suites Rapid City

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 52 hotels in Rapid City
Dallas, TX
“I really like this place! - said by me shortly after checking in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We booked this hotel while on the way to Rapid City without a place to stay. The price was reasonable out of everything available and the Hampton Inn was booked so we booked a room and hoped the pictures and reviews were true - they were!

The rooms are big and comfortable and while it's called a 'suite' it has a very similar feel to Hyatt Place room layouts where there are 2 rooms but no door between them. There is Wolfgang Puck coffee and Bath & Body Works toiletries in the bathroom. 2 TVs meant I got a night off from basketball and there's a fridge and microwave in the room as well. There's a Target with the small grocery store section just a short drive away so instead of eating out we bought some frozen meals and heated them up in the room. The front desk has plastic utensils that you can ask for.

The building is new and modern and very clean. The man took advantage of the workout room which he said was great. I tried out the laundry room was which was small but clean and safe. They only have one washer and dryer which could be challenging but at the time I went there it was available. You can buy soap and fabric sheets in the little store in the lobby for a reasonable price along with medicines and ice cream and other snacks.

Hotel is very bike-friendly as there were lots of motorcycles parked out front under the awning so riders should definitely check this place out as they are touring the Badlands! The bar seemed to always have a lot of patrons in the evenings and there's a lot of seating in the other part of the lobby to get out of the room and relax. We were told about a breakfast buffet in the lobby but we never tried it out.

Ah, the staff - what can I say that hasn't been said? They are true service professionals who know what the word 'hospitality' means and they seem to really enjoy their jobs. I was always greeted when passing through the lobby and they were always buzzing around doing something. I can't think of one time when I saw any of them just standing around or talking or goofing off. They take pride in their workplace and it shows. And I've never seen a cleaner front desk! There's no food or drinks or random sheets of paper laying around - very professional!

The hotel celebrated their grand opening while we were there and there was a huge turnout. I know this hotel will do well - their only challendge will be to keep up the condition of the property with all the guests they're going to have and continue to offer the high level of customer service without their jobs becoming 'old hat'.

Guests - follow the signs for the Cabela's store and it's easy to find. We'll definitely seek this property out if ever we're back in Rapid City.

Room Tip: Even staying across from the ice machine (which was handy) and on the interstate side of the buildin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sam C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. I'm glad you were able to experience our Grand Opening, while you were here. We promise we will maintain the condition of our beautiful property, and it will be just as nice the next time you come (and you predicted correctly, we have been full almost every night for the past 30 days).

559 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Oakland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Let me preface this by saying: my husband and I stayed here with our children in the middle of a cross-country move. We embodied, at this stage, a tired, poor, huddled mass, yearning to breathe free. While scanning local hotels, I turned to my husband and declared that, while I understood we weren't in a position to blow a ton of money on a hotel room, I couldn't bear to stay in another claustrophobic, smelly, outdated motel. He shrugged. "See what you can find."

Well ... we found this place. The price was right, it looked modern and luxurious, it had a pool (and a GROWNUP pool ... none of this waterslide nonsense) and it had laundry facilities. We dropped by to see if they had space and signed right up.

The place did not disappoint: the room in which we stayed had WIRED internet access (no thank you to unsecured hotel wifi; I know the risks), two beds and a pullout, two tvs (no arguing with the kids!), a fridge, a microwave, a GORGEOUS bathroom ... I'm sure there's more that I'm missing, but overall it was such a relief to walk in and know that I'd have a night off from slumming it without having to pay four times the price.

I used the laundry room and it was delightful. New and reasonably-priced machines behind a secured door and right next to the pool. We bought snacks and microwave food from the pantry, and found the pricing to be completely reasonable. The kids loved the pool, even without a water slide; my husband loved that he didn't have to contend with a circus-like atmosphere in the pool.

Finally, the staff -- they were funny, sweet, professional and helpful. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation from the ordinary during our move. We've arrived and settled into our new home on the West coast, and the kids occasionally ask if we can go back to "the Cambria" for a vacation. It felt more like home than home, I guess. Thank you, Cambria staff!

Room Tip: It didn't bother us, because we did most of the slamming, but we believe the slamming of the sta...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for your glowing review. It is always nice to hear when we provided our guests with the exact feelings and memories we set out to provide. We recognize that we are not truly designed for children, but we were still able to please yours. It was so nice to read that we made you feel at home, as home is where the heart is, and we want our guest's hearts to be at Cambria Suites. Thank you,

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The hotel had only been open for 3 weeks. It's right next to a Cabela's. The decoration is contemporary and the rooms feel more like at home than a hotel. Everything was very nice, quiet and clean. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. The bathroom was nice in that it did not fog the mirrors when using the shower even with the door closed.

Fitness Center - VERY nice! Various cardio machines along with a cable machine and best of all, 5-70Lb in dumbbells along with benches to use them with.

Very nice indoor pool & hot tub. Also has out door fire pit (we did not use this). I believe you can buy a smores kit to use with this.

Restaurant food was amazing!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived in the evening during a heavy rain. They were quick to offer large umbrellas to use if we needed for going out to our car.

Would definitely stay here again. It put all other hotels we've stayed at to shame. We stayed in a brand new Holiday Inn Express after staying here and even though it was also brand new, did not compare at all!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sam C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are currently seeking a solution to the exhaust fan noise in the bathrooms, and we expect to have this issue resolved in the extreme near future.

Oklahoma!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a great new hotel, with a great staff to run it. This is my new home in Rapid City. The work out room is great, and the pool looks nice, but I didn't use it. Everything is clean and good repair. The beds are great. Can't say enough positives about this one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Wow! On behalf of myself, and my management team, thank you for such a thoughtful comment. We always strive to exceed expectations, and it is so nice to know when our efforts are rewarded.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

As the title states on June, 9 2012 this was the thoughts of my wife and I. We stayed the night and the service and gratitude we received you would have thought we were the only people staying in motel. Fitness center is top notch. WIFI worked as advertised. Also great breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to write such a glowing review. We, as a staff, are extremely proud of our property, and love to showcase our product and our service skills. It gives us great pleasure to see we were successful.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Wow! Very impressed with this property. Kathy was outstanding! Room was huge, two tv's, beds comfortable, free wifi, gym and pool clean & fun. But..... The bathroom fan was a little noisy. We did stay on the 4th floor.

• Stayed June 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We found the hotel to be an extremely quiet, comfortable, and clean hotel.
When I had car problems (battery and alternator died) the staff bent over backwards to help. They started by bringing out a portable jumper which started the car but it wouldn't keep running. We left the jumper attached for a while to put a little charge in the battery. Got the car running long enough to almost reach the dealership about two miles away. A staff member had followed in his personal vehicle in case I had problems.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestRc, Manager at Cambria Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. I will pass them on to the gentleman on duty that assisted in getting you back on the road safely.

We hope you will choose Cambria Suites for your future lodging needs. We look forward to exceeding your expectations.

Sheila Leone
AGM, Cambria Suites of Rapid City

Been to Cambria Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!