“Clean and Quiet with Helpful Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Vienna, Virginia
“Clean and Quiet with Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Was in town for a conference and this hotel was excellent. It was convenient to the highway (without having to hear the highway), close to plenty of restaurants, and a great value. The breakfast area was large and while the breakfast was the usual fare, there was plenty of it. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Coffee and tea available all day and cookies in the evening. I would return here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Missoula, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Don't pass this hotel up - clean, quiet, excellent staff and a lovely spot for a road weary traveler! The cookies were warm and tasty, the bed was comfy, the TV actually worked to perfection - make it your place when you travel through South Dakota.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Aurora, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Best quality for the dollars. We always stay with Hampton Inns when traveling. You always know your getting consistent a good rate, clean up to date rooms and staff that always treats you professionally.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

It seems the window in which you room get cleaned is 8am or else. I stayed at this property for 4 days straight and got my room cleaned once during the period. Day 1 no issue. Left room at 9am room was cleaned upon return. Day 2 no cleaning requested because I did not desire to hear somebody knocking on my door at 8:01AM. Day 3 walked right by maid sevice at 9:01am who saw me leave and upon my return at 4;30pm my room was left untouched. I found it weird that a bag of towels, soap, ect... would be placed outside my room at 9:01am? For 3 days no trash has been removed from the room. The only gaurantee that on day 4 the room will be cleaned is because I will be checking out. This experience was during the off season when hotel rooms are priced at their lowest levels. In the absense of basic services the price becomes the most important factor. I will be staying at Grand Gateway Hotel on my next rotation into this area simply because it's 1/2 the price of the the Hamton Inn price of $90+ dollars per night. I am a Hilton Honors Silver member since 05/2003.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Randi S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was disappointed that you went through some inconveniences while staying with us. I understand that you found your room not cleaned during some of the days you stayed with us. I assure you that this is very rare to happen; however, I can empathize with your disappointment. I assure you that I have spoken to our housekeeping staff regarding your comments so that this does not happen again.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.
Plantation, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

All of the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is very clean and breakfast was great. This property's staff provides exceptional customer service! The rooms are modern and the internet service was top notch. I would stay at this property again on my next trip to South Dakota and I would recommend to anyone visiting South Dakota to stay here!

Wichita, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Rapid City was a great place to stay during a recent conference I attended in that city. Staff was courteous and helpful at every turn. I will definitely stay there again when I return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. Although there is not a hotel shuttle, the hotel uses a service for airport pick up and delivery. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance and the taxi service is extremely inexpensive in comparison to my home town. I would recommend adding a store to the hotel for water and food items for those folks that do not want to venture out of the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Rapid City? Share your experiences!