“Nice Hampton property” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Antonio
“Nice Hampton property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here one night while going to Mt Rushmore. Well located, clean property and friendly staff. We would stay here again if we were passing through. We didn't notice noise, but it is near an interstate so be oriented when checking where your room is.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Randi S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your stay at the Hampton Inn. We are pleased that we were able to serve you and meet your expectations. We also appreciate your positive feedback. Hope to see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tinley Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a typical Hampton Inn hotel - efficient, comfortable, quiet. It is a very good bargain, offering 4-star amenities at a 3-star price. The hotel is in an area where there are numerous restaurants and the interstate is just a few minutes away. The time to the airport is about 20 minutes.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn and taking the time to write a review. We appreciate both and hope to see you again soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Clean well lit lobby and breakfast area. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Easy on/off of interstate highway and easy access to tourist attractions. Shopping and restaurants nearby. A great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, we are all pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and hope to see you again soon
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights to visit the area. Normally I stay in Keystone, but I found myself visiting Badlands NP on this trip and thought it would be better to stay in Rapid City. My room was fine, comfortable bed, clean, and quiet. The breakfast was your average/typical Hampton Inn breakfast.
This property has several restaurants, both fast food and sit down, within easy driving distance. Easy on/off for I90.
My only complaint with this property is the staff. Staying here for 2 nights I encountered several staff members. The staff are not friendly, nor are they helpful. When I checked in I had asked for my bottle of water and snack (I'm a HHonors Gold Member). The guy smarted off to me and said "prove it". Um, it's in my profile. I was too tired to argue with him because I had driven in from Denver and wanted to just get to my room. I did not get my snack or water.
Another thing that happened was the cleaning of my room, or lack of. I was left a note saying they didn't have time to clean my room for the 2nd night, but if I needed anything such as towels to contact the front desk. I've never encountered anything like that before.
I would stay here again because of the convenience. Perhaps by the time I return to the area there will be different staff members, maybe even some that enjoy their job.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay with us in July. . Thank you for bringing the "staffing" issues to my attention as well. Your experience with our front desk staff, I can assure you is very uncommon. The front desk staff at the Hampton Inn are wonderful people on a daily basis however I am happy to bring this to thier attention. We apologize that your stay was affected by this employee you encountered upon check in. Again, thank you for your stay, we hope you had a nice summer
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We used this as our home base to tour the area - from Mt. Rushmore to Hot Springs to Devils Tower and the Badlands. Since it was near the highway, it made it easy to get around. Our room was quiet but very stuffy. The cold air came on, cooled for two minutes and then it was off. Luckily we could open a window. The service was friendly and they put out a nice spread for breakfast. It is one of several hotels in a row and I agree, $151 was a lot of money for this property. $121 on Sunday night (includes an AAA discount) is better.

Room Tip: Middle of the floor on the third floor was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn and leaving feedback regarding your stay. We hope you had a nice vacation and enjoyed all the areas attractions, and hope to see you again
Decatur, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

because of the price, but everything in the area is tourist-trap high. Staff was very attentive and tried to compensate for the physical shortcomings of the property: such as; windows that were actually slightly larger than the opening (I've encountered this problem in other Hilton properties with both vertical and horizontal sliders.), which prevented full closure and admitted wind and traffic noise; window tracks filled with dead (and one live) moths, because screen was bent and cleaning staff's vacuum cleaner lacked the power or narrow wand to clean them; desk chair that dropped to lowest possible position when set on and wouldn't lock higher; other, more minor bits.

OTOH, had a nice chat with the owner in the lobby while waiting for our room!

Room Tip: Try to learn if a Hampton is corporately owned or franchised before reserving. Corporate properties...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us as well as sharing your feedback. We hope you had a nice summer
Huron, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Quite, room seemed not to cool off, bed uncomfortable. Room rate a little high, should give more of a military or AAA discount. I thought 155.00 was super high for the rooms we had. Internet keep cutting in and out. Room was clean, service was pleasant, Breakfast was very good. I would like to see you change it up a little. Offer some different items.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Soccer Stay

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback about your stay and also sharing your suggestions. We appreciate both and hope to see you again

Been to Hampton Inn Rapid City? Share your experiences!