“Nice & Clean Campground” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rapid City KOA Kampground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rapid City
Rapid City KOA Kampground
You added Rapid City KOA Kampground to your Saves list
I-90 Exit 61 (2.5 miles south), PO Box 2592, Rapid City, SD 57709   |
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nice & Clean Campground”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Well kept campground, clean and updated shower houses. Lots of amenities... pool, hot tub, laundry facilities, volleyball, basketball, general store and friendly staff. During week of Sturgis they offer, breakfast and dinner for small fee. A bit expensive, maybe because it was week of Sturgis, however, had full RV hook ups, picnic table and fire pit at our site. Would stay there again. Also a quiet campground and free WiFi

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Canyon Country, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Didn't stay here but lunched here twice and rode the horses and loved the experience.
Will plan on including this on our trip next vacation. The horseback ride was by reservation and handled by friendly professional staff who were helpful and informative guides. They remembered our names and made everyone's experience a memorable one. My grandson of 11 yrs and first time rider was estatic and wanted to go again and again.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

we just stayed in the tent for a couple nights we came through on the bike it was nice i thought it was a little expensive for a tent but the showers and the pancake breakfast were good location was easy to find

• Stayed July 2013
Alpine, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was able to call on the way in and grab a tent site! The staff was helpful and very friendly.

The showers were a nice surprise to me since it has been YEARS since I have stayed at a KOA. I was able to stay another day and the staff made it possible that I didn't have to move my spot. Thank you!

Would I stay here again? YES!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This KOA was 90% empty when we arrived. There were many premium spaces empty, almost all of them.

If we are asked to pay a premium summer price when not all services at the KOA are available in early May the least the KOA could do is bump us up to a better site.

In the 90% empty campground in the middle of May we were placed right next to the busy,(7-7 p.m.) maintenance building in a wet mud site. The all concrete sites were empty as also were scenic sites but our $42.00 premium was spent right next to the very busy maintenance building in the wet mud.

I pointed this price discrepancy out to management which fell on deaf ears.
Maybe yell?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Spent four nights here and campground is very clean, kept up nice and is very quiet. Which was a nice change from the interstate campgrounds we used on the way to Rapid City.

Camp store and check in was very pleasant and the people kept insisting to let us know if we needed any directions or assistance to let them know.

My only complaint would be the right turn into the property. I couldn't make the right turn in my SUV without getting into the opposite lane, so there was no way to make it with the RV. They do have a nice back way exit out of the property that we used daily and for the way out with the RV.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TROY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This KOA was very clean, nice store, lots were close together, pool and hot tub was very relaxing after a long day of driving, had nice grass (instead of weeds) on the lot along with a fire pit and table. Overall the campground was very well kept and close to Crazy Horse and Mt. Rushmore.

The night we were there, they had a guest speaker which was a grand son of a well known native american Indian (the name escapes me right now) and he was marvelous! He is quite the profound speaker. His 4 year old grand daughter danced with him, which made it quite authentic.

I thought the price was quite expensive, i could have stayed in a hotel and not spent the extra gas money towing my trailer 1/2 way across the country was my biggest complaint.

They do hire retirees to work the campground (and stay in their own trailer on the grounds) which i thought was a great idea.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rapid City KOA Kampground? Share your experiences!