“Wow--Couldn't have been better unless the train went away early morning--but no problem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn & Suites

Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
SUN CITY WEST
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

From the outset to the end, everything close to perfect. BFST really good, and daily newspaper a plus. Room great and clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Michelle A, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank You. I'm pleased you enjoyed your Breakfast and your Newspaper.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
RAPID CITY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I needed a couple of nights away from the kids and to celebrate our anniversary. We looked and looked online for a hotel that had a nice room, with a jacuzzi or hot tub in the room and we wanted room service. As time was running short, we chose the HJ hotel thinking the name would mean excellence. The room was ok and yes there was a hot tub in the room, but other than that, nothing fancy. There was no room service, no way to rent movies or pay per view and the bed was not comfortable. Our sheets even had a very obvious stain in the middle as did some of our towels. The lighting in the bathroom was poor and housekeeping woke us up on our last day at 9am when checkout isn't until noon! Guess we should have put the do not disturb sign out on the door. It was also very noisy as guests were getting ready and leaving in the morning, but I guess that can't really be avoided. Lastly, the location of the hotel leaves a great deal to be desired. We were very disappointed in our stay. I really thought HOJO would be more of an exquisite hotel, but it seemed very average to me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

I'd like to start by saying "Happy Anniversary". We strive to not only meet, but surpass our guest expectations. I apologize we failed to do so with your visit. It is my sincere wish that you did enjoy your time away even if the room wasn't quite what you expected. Thank You for taking the time to share your experience, and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
ROCKHAM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

this hotel is in a quiet area and is very good to stay in always like to be away from the noise and not near a street. they try there best to make you feel at home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank You for your review. It is our belief that everyone who stays with us isn't our customer, but our "guest". We want you to feel at home and welcome. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Wiltshire England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for two nights, to see the local sights of custer national park, crazy horse etc, staff were friendly, our room was spacious , clean sheets, comfy bed etc, pool was nice and hot tub, gym was ok for cardio machines but no weights !! We asked to move the next day as we were next to the lifts as it was very noisey in our room, it was no problem for the staff and sorted, thank you, breakfast was good also, overall a nice hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm glad that we were able to accomodate your request and that you had a good stay. Thank You for taking the time to share your experience.
Sioux Falls, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had only one night in Rapid City, but after staying at this hotel I wished that I had booked more nights and just driven to my other Black Hills destinations. The room was spotless, and very large. I had a very comfortable bed, fridge, and microwave. There was a chair with ottoman and a comfy couch. The room was very quiet. Did I mention spotless? I was very comfortable there. It was an easy and quick drive to either the mall area or downtown. The continental breakfast was very good, I found the pool to be just fine. Very clean in these areas also. One of the best things about the stay was the staff. Every person that I encountered was very friendly and helpful. I will most certainly stay here again when in Rapid City. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Michelle A, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear we not only met, but exceeded your expectations! We look forward to seeing you again when you are in Rapid.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We just stayed here and found it to be a nice place to stay in rapid city. The location is convenient and the amenities are nice. the complimentary breakfast and even a nightly managers reception (free beer and snacks) make it a good deal.

• Stayed August 2012
Michelle A, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'd like to Thank You for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the Black Hills.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Have never stayed in a Howard Johnson's before so this was a pleasant surprise. The room was a nice size size, with a mini fridge and coffee maker. The free WiFi was not working and the front office staff were unable to help. Free continental breakfast was more than usual, included warm items.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize our internet was not functioning properly while you were with us. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you're in Rapid City.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!