“Not quite there” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Not quite there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I like the food, the servers and the menu. There is something not quite there about this restaurant. I asked for extra broccoli and was told it was pre-portioned. The bread and peanuts were abundant but I can't eat them on my plan. It is a fun environment, the food is good and hot, but the options are minimal. I like personalization and don't react well to no extra broccoli (especially since I don't eat the peanuts and bread and butter-which cost a lot more!)

The servers do a dance to country music which is fun. The wait is usually really long and you can throw back a few expensive drinks while waiting. You can't reserve a table, so you have to go early to get in quickly (who wants to eat at 4:00 on Saturday night?).

If you want a lot of food - this is your place. You get all the bread and peanuts you want. The portions are decent. Service can be tricky, depending on where your table is at. If you are in a hurry - don't go here!

Happy Trails!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Anywhere,USA
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Friendly staff.

Ribs are awesome. Chilli is very good.

Sides are huge. Price is very good also. Everything was great.

Only complaint is that they need to open earlier in the day.

Visited September 2012
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived we were greeted by very friendly hosts, they had a table for us right away, as we did the "call ahead seating arrangement" when we were taking to the table I believe the hosts failed to realize that I was nine months pregnant and not going to fit into there smallest two person booth, I tried it and the host noticed my discomfort and decided to ignore it and head back to the host stand, she then came back with silverware and I politely asked her about waiting for another table or larger booth, she told me I would have to talked to my server about that. I asked her if she could ask the host running the board if we could get put back on the waiting list. She said yes. Waiting for a response or a server we got nothing, I could no longer bare having my stomach smooched so my husband and I went to the host stand, we were ignored completely and not put back on the list. After talking to the host running the board she called a manager and they immediately got a wait time for us. In the mean time we went into the lounge / bar for my husband to have a beer. We were greeted with amazing hospitality once we sat down at the bar top and service was impeccable just for ordering a beer and tea, we decided to eat at the bar to let Jared take care of us, he was simply amazing and extremely attentive to everyone around the bar and making servers drinks as well.

Walking in I was not very impressed, being that we come on a regular basis, as this is our favorite restaurant. But once again, we left very happy, and full with great quality food! Thank you Jared and team!

south dakota
“Seriously Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We landed back in Rapid City from Dallas. Hungry and tired, we ordered the catfish to go from our cell phone as the airplane taxied to the gate bridge. We picked our meal up our meal about 30 minutes later and it was awesome as always. We can not say enough about the food here. The service is usually pretty good also. As long as they keep turning out good food we will keep coming back. Oh and the prices can not be beat.

Agar, South Dakota, United States
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Food was amazing as always, staff was very nice and constantly made sure we had everything we needed. I love that they have the slings for car seats!