“Good Hotel In Good Area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #23 of 52 hotels in Rapid City
Spearfish, South Dakota
“Good Hotel In Good Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We live in Spearfish, but got a room here for the night because my sister had to be taken to the bus station very early the next morning. We didn't get to spend too much time here, but what time we did spend was very well enjoyed. Hotel is very nice. Nice breakfast room with a good hot breakfast. Nice pool room. There were 2 hot tubs, which confused me lol.. and neither one of them were very clean. They had a gunky foam around them and the gunk was going up the walls too. Might be nice to clean your hot tubs a bit more. Pool however was pretty clean. My family enjoyed the water slide.

The room itself was very nice. Everything was pretty clean. Bathroom was equally clean. Beware of the shower though. I turned on the water and the water pressure was enough to sandblast your skin. I thought I'd like this, because the water pressure at home is very weak.. but it was just too hard.. by the end of the shower my body ached. I'd recommend you find a way to weaken it a bit.. it's not comfortable.

Hotel is right next door to TGIFridays and Denny's is across the street so, there's good places to eat near by. Hobby Lobby, the movie theater, and the mall is right behind you so, there's plenty to do and it's right by the ramp to I-90 so it's easy to get on the road! Overall a pretty good stay, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Room was great, linens perfect.....remote for the tv was not the best, Otherwise could not have been better...breakfast was delicious. I would definitely stay again. Rates were very competitive,,,, Not much more to say except it was a great hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My experience with Country Inn & Suites was excellent. This was the second time that I had stayed there in past 6 months and really appreciated the friendly staff, nice clean room and excellent breakfast selections. From the time I checked in with Stephen at the front desk, to my departure the staff went out of their way to make sure that I had everything I needed. I would highly recommend this hotel for your next visit to Rapid City, SD. - Denise S.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights for the stock show, our room was clean and the staff was very nice and made our stay good. The pool was a lot of fun for the kids and had a nice water slide. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CEDAR SPRINGS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

the hotel advertises low room rates, plus tax. When we got up in the morning our room receipt was on the floor under the door. They had added 10 different taxes to the bill, costing nearly 15.00 including a tourist tax. We were there on business, not tourists. The room had not been dusted in a long time, thick dust on everything. The mattress pad was ripped with huge holes, the comforter was worn and torn. This was a huge disappointment for this hotel chain. The breakfast was a buffet and was fairly good, with a variety. Considering all the taxes we were charged, there could have more food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RapCityCISMgt, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rapid City, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel. I would like to apologize for the confusion on the taxes at our property. The resort fee tax you are referring to gets you a discount card for many businesses in our area with great local discounts. It is with the reviews of our guest that we can make improvements. I hope if you are in the area you will give a second chance to earn your business!
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My experience with the Country Inn & Suites was superb and would recommend it to anyone looking for a spacious room, excellent service, friendly staff, and an overall great stay. The continental breakfast has hot entres as well as a great variety of muffins, fruit, pastries, cereal, waffles, and much much more. Also, I am a person who likes to sleep in a little later and the continental breakfast is open until 10:30am on weekends which was a major positive for me. We stayed in a king bed suite that has a jacuzzi in the living room which was quite relaxing to watch a movie in on their flat screen high definition televisions. We also stayed for a total of 6 nights so the in-room refrigerator and microwave was a great convenience. Also, my girl friend loved the spacious bathroom with "more counter space than she knew what to do with" which is saying a lot coming from her haha. I am a taller guy at 6' 3" so usually hotel shower heads are not high enough for me to have a comfortable shower, but the showers at this hotel were no problem. Another great thing about this hotel was their late checkout time of 12pm (1pm if you ask politely). Other hotels are normally 11am so this sets the Country Inn and Suites apart from other hotels. If we had any problems with the service, accommodations, or room, the staff and most importantly the manager, Johnnie, were more than helpful. He will go the extra mile to make sure that your stay is what you intended it to be. In conclusion, if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel with great service, comfort, and friendliness, I would recommend staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Rapid City. I live in Rapid City and have stayed at nearly every hotel in the town, and by far, my favorite place to stay at is the Country Inn!
-Matt P

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing such a great review. We take alot of pride in our customer feedback and are glad to here you enjoyed your stay.
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here one night recently and was very satisfied. Regular room with two queen beds was only $40. Room was a good size and clean. Beds very comfortable. Breakfast was above average, and real plates and silverware were used instead of styrofoam and plastic. Fresh cookies were a nice touch in the afternoon. Hotel is located right off of interstate, but was very quiet. It is also a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. We take great pride in our customer feedback. We are very lucky to have such a great location right of the interstate and also be so centrally located in the Black Hills. We hope to see you again if you return to the Rapid City area.

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rapid City? Share your experiences!