“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 52 hotels in Rapid City
HAMMOND
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

During the off season, you can't beat the price of this place. My stay was a little interesting the first morning. I was watching tv and heard a strange noise. I went towards the bathroom and water was pouring from the ceiling. Seems the person above me over flowed their bath tub. The staff was quick to respond to my room and get me moved right away to a suite. The motel is clean, the beds are comfortable, and the breakfast was appreciated. They have a waterside for the pool which is a nice amenity for kids. The rooms are ultra quiet! Only disappointment was the steam room wasn't working. I would happily recommend this motel to everyone!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Lead, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with great rates. We have stayed here previously and had a great experience. This time was not so great.

We are used to sleeping on pillows and the pillows in our room were about 2" thick and should have been tossed along time ago. This made a good nites sleep difficult.

I guess that was a good thing as we had an early morning appointment so had a wake up call so we would not be late. We never recieved the wake up call and fortunately I looked at a clock and we still made the appointment.

So at this point I would reccommend that guests bring a pillow to sleep with and make sure you set your own alarm if time is important. I truly hope that the hotel orders some new pillows and replaces items as they wear out. They need employees who can operate the automated wake up call system I am sure they have.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
dickinson north dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Where to start with this place. Well when we walked into our room you were hit with an odor but got used to it after about an hour. We had mold on our wall around the air conditioner and window. Was hard to sleep due to drunks and kids running up and down the halls literally all night long. The price quoted to us for the room was not what we were charged (not even close). The keys they gave us kept having trouble wouldn't let us in the room or in the building. The tv remote wouldn't work. The only good thing I can say is the housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful when needed.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I came in one night to get a room and was greeted by a very friendly front desk guy named steve he took the time to tell me the prices of the room an what was in each room that made it more expensive and about their breakfast in the morning it's great to know that they're still genuine people in the hotel business who don't try to sell you the most expensive room right off the back

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a very nice weekend at the American inn. Our room was very clean which is the most important thing to us. The evening desk manager was friendly and helpful. The ratestime were reasonable.We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Watch the false rate advertising for this property! Advertised on local billboards at $39.99/nite. But at check-out, this Americinn adds on a so-called $7.95/nite resort fee! This fee was not disclosed anywhere.

I have also alerted Amercinn's corporate office to this bait-and-switch.

BTW, this "resort" has a small water slide, to distinguish it from all other Americinns (sarcasm intended).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel. Check in was smooth and easy, without error. Got a great rate on the room, which had everything I needed and was CLEAN. The room was huge but I really enjoyed it, even thought I didnt need all that space. Next time I travel through this part of the country I will definately stay again. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites. They are very spacious.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AmericInn L, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great response. We are glad you were impressed with our hotel, as it is our number one goal to go above and beyond to please our guests. We are also glad to hear you had plenty of space to relax in our spacious suites. We appreciate your business and hope you do stay with us in the future the next time you visit the Black Hills.

Thanks again,
AmericInn Rapid City staff.

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City

Address: 1632 Rapp St, Rapid City, SD 57701
Location: United States > South Dakota > Rapid City
Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #38 of 52 hotels in Rapid City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City 2.5*
We are conveniently located off I-90 (Exit 59) in Rapid City, South Dakota. While staying at the AmericInn Rapid City hotel, make time to explore the area, including a visit to the incredible Mount Rushmore, the equally inspiring Crazy Horse Monument, Wind Cave National Park, Custer State park, South Dakota casinos and the stunning Black Hills National Park. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, AmericInn Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americinn Lodge And Suites Rapid City
Americinn Lodge & Suites Rapid City Hotel Rapid City
Americinn Hotel Rapid City
Americinn Rapid City

If you own or manage AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.