“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 52 hotels in Rapid City
Alliance, Nebraska
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good last minute motel with great rates for the area. Decent breakfast. Waffles, biscuits and gravy, and usual stuff for a continental breakfast. A little wild at times but overall a nice stay. We were upgraded last time because of a foul up. Presidential Suite was fun. USA Today in the mornings. Near mall, strip mall and a old Wal-mart.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Pine Ridge, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I thought the rooms were excellent, clean and the customer service is awsome as well!! My family totally enjoyed their stay and so did i! The pool was clean and fun for the whole entire family. Room service was always on the go, quick and very clean.

Room Tip: Customer service on the phone was great, thanks to Mr. Arshad Kacchi helped me reserve my room with...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
AmericInn L, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to recommend our hotel based on your excellent stay. Everyone here at the AmericInn are glad to hear you and your family had such a great time here in Rapid City and at our hotel. It is our number one goal to take care of our guests and we are glad we had that opportunity with you and your family. We are also pleased to hear you enjoyed our indoor pool with the water slide.

Thanks again.
omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here when my first choice was sold out. I was pleased with my choice. This hotel is clean, well managed and met all my needs. I appreciated getting a newspaper and being able to get a quick breakfast. I was traveling on business so any perks are a bonus. If you want a good hotel option, I recommend Americinn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AmericInn L, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for such an excellent review. We are glad our accommodation fit your busy schedule. Our staff goes above and beyond to meet your needs and we are all glad they were successful in doing so. We look forward to being your first choice next time you travel through the Black Hills. Thank you again for taking the time to write such a great review.
Bremen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

is my 4th trip through usa and have stayed in some hotels until know, but this hotel is the nicest I stayed until know with all comfort and extrem nice personal to a very fair price. great job!!!, spezial thanks to mary trent, and her troop so linda, making the visit to a spezial stay and also the other who show, what it means .. way of living in america and beeing guest in that wonderful land and also .. this hotel.. feeling like at home.. thank you :-)

thanks a lot and i will come again :-)

Room Tip: just they haven*t not only a indoorpool.. they also have a hotspot :-)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
We greatly appreciate you taking the time on TripAdvisor to tell us how much fun you had here in Rapid City. There is always a room here for you at the AmericInn. We enjoyed your company just as much as you enjoyed the staff at the hotel. We are also glad you enjoyed your trip to America, and hope that you stay with us next time you come to visit.

Thanks again from everyone here at the AmericInn.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The rooms were fine, a little musty. The hotel is nice and the staff was friendly. Couldn't give us adjoining rooms but were nice about it. Breakfast was better than usual and the pool area was very nice with jacuzzi, sauna, pool and super cool water slide that thrilled the kids to no end. The pool hours were also friendly, till 11pm for kids and midnight for adults. The only problem was how disgusting the pool and jacuzzi water was. You could smell chlorine but tasted salt if it got in your mouth. The body oils have built up a scum an inch thick around both the pool and jacuzzi. The water is a murky yellow-green color and so cloudy that you can't see the bottom of the 5.5 foot deep end. I rationalize letting the kids swim in it because I would let them swim in a lake or river, plus once they saw everything there was no telling them no and the chlorine kills anything communicable. Hopefully.

• Stayed November 2012
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is the best staff I have ever seen. The rooms are clean, great breakfast. I love the waterslide. I checked in late, and Steve left the pool open an extra 30 min for me. I will be coming back to Rapid soon , and cant wait to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. All of our staff here at the AmericInn are pleased to hear you appreciate their services. We are glad we could give you that extra time to enjoy our indoor pool and water slide. It is a favorite among most. We can't wait for your next stay here and are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel and all of our amenities.
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Wow...I travel about 20 weeks out of the year (Biz and pleasure)....this hotel is real clean. The manager is friendly....Shauna did a great job at front desk, Plus Deb in housekeeping was real friendly and always asking if I needed anything else. I wish I could have a hotel like this across the country. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Get the new rooms at the far end...they are bigger...they are like suites but they charge you regula...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AmericInn L, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are all pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel. We are also honored that you chose to stay with us on your trip. We welcome you to come back and stay with us the next time you visit the Black Hills.

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!