“Check the block” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Check the block”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

It is a must see for your first visit to Rapid City. Located in the gap on top of the hill. Prepare to walk about many steps in order to get to the park. However the view is great and the kids always have a blast.

Visited July 2012

Washington, Iowa
17 attraction reviews
“Something free to do on Christmas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

It's a small park, but on a very big hill. We went on Christmas, it was not closed if you were there before 10pm. We drove past the park as high as we could get, and it was dark and the city lights looked amazing. You have to be careful in winter with snow/ice as you do have to climb up a lot of stars to see the dinosaurs. Something to do with nothing else is open!!

Visited December 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
97 attraction reviews
“Go for the Views High Above Rapid City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Dinosaur Park was my first stop in Rapid City. I had just flown in from the East Coast for a vacation in the Black Hills. I picked up a rental car and, yes, I headed for Dinosaur Park. Except for size, the concrete dinosaurs aren't much to marvel at, but I didn't come here for the dinosaurs. From its vantage point high above the city, Dinosaur Park was where I could get a good look at the surrounding area. The Park offers spectacular views of Rapid City and the Black Hills beyond. I picked up lunch on my way to the Park and a picnic table beneath a full-size Brontosaurus seemed a perfect spot for an impromptu if off-beat picnic. My brief stay at the Park proved to be a wonderful start to a memorable vacation in western South Dakota.

Visited September 2012
Modesto, California
8 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sad it was closed for the winter but did see the big dinosaurs amazing how big there were. Nice view of Rapid city

Visited November 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
32 attraction reviews
“Such a neat little piece of American history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

OK, the dinos are hilarious and the view is spectacular (definitely not for those who fear heights). I'm not really sure what else to say. It's amazing to me that this is part of the WPA. There is a little visitor's center/cafeteria, but it was closed by the time my husband and I made it up there, so I can't say anything about them. In any case, Dinosaur Park is just another gem that makes Rapid City unique!

Visited May 2012