“It was something I don't think I would need to see more than once” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thunderhead Falls

Thunderhead Falls
10940 W. Hwy 44, Rapid City, SD 57702
605-343-0081
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 65 things to do in Rapid City
More attraction details
Owner description: Part of an old mine, the falls encompass eight cubic feet of water spewing vertically for more than 30 feet.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 attraction reviews
“It was something I don't think I would need to see more than once”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We went to this as one of my mom’s coworkers stated it was a really cool thing to see. When we walked up, it looked like most of the place hasn’t been updated in years and that they were working on some of it to make it more up to date. It cost $7.50 for an adult to get in and it is self-guided, with little signs on the side of the cave stating what happened in the cave. After walking along the creek that goes all through the cave, you come up to the waterfall that is AWESOME. It is truly something to see, but really don’t think it is something that I would have to see more than once. (Also, it only takes about 15 minutes to do if you take your time)

Visited August 2014

“Nice and Cool When it's Hot Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I was in the Black Hills with my friend the other day and this place look interesting. We went to check it out and it was quite refreshing. The girl at the front was very friendly too!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Totally worth visiting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My family and I came back today because we were heading back home to Minnesota. We were there on the 14th of august 2014 and my family and I loved it so much we wanted to come back only thing that disappointed me in our returning trip was the young lady was not available. Whoever she was she is perfect for her job. Super friendly and knowledgeable she was talkative and made our visit there quite enjoyable. Two thumbs up to you kiddo. The waterfalls are breathtaking and amazing. So worth the visit. Wonderful picturesque views. And that young lady was even willing to lock up her office and take a ton of photos for my family and I so we could all be in them. Christmas card ready I tell you. Easy walking no hard climbing. And even the bathrooms smelled like fresh clean and sparkled. I wasn't afraid to actually sit on a toilet. I wish I could give 100 stars up. We will most definitely be coming back again when in the area. Way to go young lady!!!!

Bloomington, Illinois
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I had checked out some of the reviews and was a little apprehensive at going due to so many negative comments. I am glad I ignored them. The girl at the counter was super bubbly friendly and very helpful even had my small children intrigued which doesn't happen often. It's a very easy trek and very beautiful. Well worth stopping by to see. All natural beauty. Plenty of beautiful photo opportunities and the young lady even was willing to take a group photo for us so nobody was left out. We will definitely be back again our next vacation. Thank you thunderhead

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Waste of Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Went to this roadside attraction since we were all the way out on Hwy 44, so not a short drive from Rapid City. It cost 7.50 and it was a self guided tour. You walk down several feet to view it and well it's just a waterfall coming out of the rock. Not worth the money or time to see.

Visited July 2014