“Tap into your inner child” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 58 things to do in Rapid City
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tap into your inner child”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have visited Storybook Island since I was a pre-schooler! And that was a LONG time ago. When I feel the need to recapture the sense of joy and wonderment of a child, a trip to Storybook Island does the trick! It's not just for kids and families with small children. Admission is free (by donation) and you're sure to leave with a smile on your face and oodles of giggles under your belt!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank SD T

Buffalo, Wyoming
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“christmas wonderland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went to storybook island when it was decorated for christmas. It was beautiful. Kids loved riding on the train.

Visited December 2012
Agar, South Dakota, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Beautiful lights at Christmas time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We walked through to check out the lights and take the little ones to see Santa and it was absolutely amazing! It was very beautiful and the kids loved it.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank KaiCee C
Aurora, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Paradise for children. Safe playground equipment based on nursery rhyme and story book themes.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This has been around since 1959, and was a favorite place to visit for my siblings and I. I also enjoyed taking my children there during the '80's and '90's. There is so much to see and do in the Black Hills; our vacations were so busy, and this provided a great diversion for the kids. They could play in a safe environment, and we could relax in the shade of the wonderful trees. Someday, I'd like to get my grand kids up there!

Visited May 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place for visitors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wonderful free park for kids to run around with all their favorite storybook characters! Christmas light show pretty awesome!

Visited July 2012