“How have I never eaten here before???” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 214 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, European, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Fine dining born out of a local favorite classic diner in historic downtown Rapid City. Tally's Silver Spoon is the project restaurant of Benjamin Klinkel, chef and owner. Dubbed a "fine diner", Benjamin aims to bring together the worlds of comfort food and fine dining, sophistication and comfort. An atmosphere where cherry pie and foie gras co-exist. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday through Sunday.
South Dakota
“How have I never eaten here before???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

After a very unpleasant experience at a local hotel restaurant the night before, my family was hungry for breakfast! We had heard of Tally's from a family member and thought we would give it a try. We all agree we had the best breakfast ever at Tally's. From the chicken fried steak to the pancakes, everything was fresh, high-quality, and delicious. My mother said her sausage patty was the best she had ever had, and the bacon was wonderful. I'm not sure what these people do to the pancakes, but I sure wish I could replicate it.

The service was friendly and the server was knowledgeable about the menu. He was prompt, efficient, and we felt as if he cared about the service we received. We had a nice conversation going, but when the food arrived all we could do was rave about our food or shove it in our faces. We all agreed this was as good, if not better, than our favorite breakfast place in Estes Park, Co. We will return to Tally's.

Visited January 2013

Rapid City
“Only go for breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've dined here many times and I have to say, the breakfast is very good. I would definitely recommend eating here for breakfast anyday, but do not bother with lunch or dinner! The food is not the best, the service is anything but outstanding, and the price is just not worth it. One time I ordered a hamburger that came with only the bottom bun, and when I told the server the top part was missing all I got was an "I'm sorry". I honestly don't see how they get return customers when they really don't seem to care about the customers needs, and next time anyone suggests eating here I am going to persuade them to go somewhere else.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Indecision = Dining excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I noticed on the bottom of the menu what appeared to be an out of place entry. Boy are we glad we asked about it. Talley's offers 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 course meals with each course being at the chief's discretion (this tends to be the new items on the menu, per our wait staff). We order the 5 course meal after the delicious mussel appetizer and split the 5 courses. It was so much fun having each of the 5 courses presented in turn. I can't think of a better way to spend a special evening dining! (And it was very affordable!)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rapid City, South Dakota
“A treat for the taste buds!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My date and I decided to try Tally's Silver Spoon for Dinner. We had tried it one other time and remember it being delightful so thought we would try it again. We were not disappointed. Patrick, our server, was sincerely pleasant, well informed and made great reccomendations such as the Coppola Claret Cabernet Sauvignon!! What a way to compliment the food! We started with an Amuse Bouce of Foi Gras that was simply amazing. It was so full of flavor, that I would call it incredible! A very unique touch was beginning the meal with Black Truffle Beignets. How often do you see that in Rapid City?!!! My date and I shared the Pickled English Cucumber Granny Smith Salad and a House Salad. The Pickled English Granny Smith Salad was hearty, yet light. The dressing on the House Salad was delightful!!! For Entrees we ordered the Roasted Chicken with Smokey Cheddar Grits, Creamed Spinach served with Onion Confit and Black Truffles! All I can say is..Wow!! I didn't know chicken could taste so incredible!! My date ordered the Surf and Turf with Texas Wagyu Ribeye with Chimichurri, Lobster Claws with Tyme Lemon Butter Buerre Fondue and Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. All I can say is it was hard to believe that we were having such a sophisticated meal in Rapid City!!! Just a treat from start to finish! We will be back ! And by the way, we took fresh homeade ice cream home to the kids and they loved it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Great breakfast and lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Friendly staff, bright atmosphere, and good food. Couldn't ask for more. Had breakfast and lunch there (a great soup by the way). Will certainly return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere