Our family caravan of 5 cars was stuck in the Oct. Blizzard while on our way to our sons wedding at Sylvan Lake. We barely got off exit 61 before it was closed down. We pulled into Comfort Inn. Many Travelers were frantic, anxious and weary.All were welcomed and got settled in. Blizzard conditions prevented hotel staff coming and going to work. With a very small staff, Manager Cathy and a handful of workers treated guests with great comfort & care. Power was out Fri, through Sat. night until about 10:00 pm. We were offered food, candles, travel information, kindness and smiles from Cathy and her staff even though they must have been very tired, being stuck at work without time off and away from their own families at home who were also left without power or heat .The staff even rescued 2 stray dogs in the storm. They cared for stranded travelers brought in who could not leave their cars overnight due to terrible weather. Roads were impassible yet on Sat. Sadly we could not get to our sons wedding, now on plan F, and now moved over to Hill City. Some of his wedding party were also stranded and staying across the way at a hotel nearby. We tredged over there in the snowy, icy conditions to be with them all hoping to watch our sons wedding on their computer. Happily we were able to view most of it! There was visibly, absolutely NO comparison to their hotel and ours!! Sadly we missed our sons wedding but thankfully we ended up there at Comfort Inn where were comfortable and treated like family by Cathy and her very kind, hard working, and caring staff. Thanks to all of you. Your facility and staff is #1!!
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Rapid City Hotel Rapid City
- Comfort Suites Rapid City Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Platinum Award Winning all-suite hotel is sure to make your stay a comfortable and memorable one. We offer a great breakfast with various hot items served daily in a large dining area. All rooms have pillow-top beds, sofas that pull out into full size beds, flat screen TVs, a refrigerator and a microwave. The Dakotah Steakhouse is just a stroll across our parking lot - directly in front of the hotel. Easy access off of I-90 means you are close to many shopping venues, only 5 minutes to historic downtown Rapid City and not more than 60 minutes away from any attraction, park or national forest in the Black Hills or Badlands. No need to pack & unpack your bags every night. Our spacious Convention Center is perfect for family/military reunions, dinners, weddings, meetings, conferences or seminars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal , Otel and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Suites Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.