“Hidden Gem!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Kansas City, Missouri
“Hidden Gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

At first look I drove past and said no! But after a few days went back to give it a try and we were beyond impressed! Philly Teds had one of the best sandwiches I have ever had! My family and I ate every bite of our sandwiches! What we really enjoyed was chatting with Philly Ted himself! Super nice guy! The only thing I need to do is send some KC BBQ sauce for my Chief Cheesesteak! Overall loved it and wish we had one in KC!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“A must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

if you like philly cheese steaks, be sure to try this! great service and food! prices are reasonable and fair.

Visited June 2013
Big Horn, Wyoming
“Yum, Yum, Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Got the regular cheesesteak and it was awesome!!! I think next time I'll try the BBQ one cause I like a little more kick. They have so much variety! No matter how you like your cheesesteak, you will find one here. Also, their chili cheese fries are to die for!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brevard, North Carolina
“Just like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We chose Philly Ted's because it was ranked #1. We were not disappointed! I was born and spent the 1st 6 yrs in Phila so I know what a good cheese steak should taste like. When I ordered I asked the woman how did they get the name of the restaurant and she pointed to Philly Ted. turns out he grew up in Phila and we knew the same places and shared lots of stories. He came out here in 2000 on D-Day and was celebrating his 13th year! He was never in the restaurant business but I guess he learned.They have a zillion kind of cheese and steaks and chicken steaks, all cut very small and placed in a home made roll (hoagie style). The sandwich was really enough for 2 so if you like the same thing, SHARE It! They also have Nathan hotdogs and hamburgers and even a veggie sandwich. We went around 11:30 and people started coming in and the phone was ringing off the hook. I highly recommend this place. Oh, he has the coolist signs!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naperville, Illinois
“Oh my- amazing on all levels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Yep- the place is small, but that doesn't reflect on the food or service. My family of 5 stopped in there for lunch, based on the reviews it received on Tripadvisor, and found those favorable reviews to be right-on!
The staff was helpful, inviting, warm and friendly! They checked on us and the other patrons to ensure we were enjoying our meal. We told them we were visiting from Chicago, and we had a nice conversation with the manager. My husband had mentioned that we previously were at a restaurant in Colorado, and he asked for Giardiniera, and they don't know what it was. Well, the manager quickly said that they have it there, and offered him some. It was delicious as was our whole meal! We had plentiful and excellent onion rings and poppers to start and then each cheesesteak sandwich ordered was amazing!! My son had 10 pc. wings that were meaty and excellent! The pricing of everything was very reasonable. Wish we had palace like this near our home in the suburbs of Chicago!

Visited June 2013