“Better than in Philly” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Rapid City, SD
“Better than in Philly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

A few years back I researched cheese steak restaurants in Philadelphia before a visit there. I hit a number of the best according to local opinion. At least to an outsider, Philly Teds make a better sandwich than any I tried there. Prices are very reasonable too.

Visited February 2013

87% Recommend
“Season the meat!..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the philly but it was slightly dry from over cooking and i really wished they could have seasoned the meat some..i LOVED the onion rings..PERFECTLY seasoned...my fiance also loved his but said the meat could have used seasoning also...i ordered the giant with onion and mushroom with prov cheese...took the other half of my sandwich home...heated up the next day but i took the meat out and added to the skillet with Seasonings..MUCH BETTER...maybe I'll order my next philly with the onion rings on it for more seasoning..over all..average but i'd go back..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Terrytown, NE
“My Favorite Rapid City Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

For my family and me, eating at new, unique places is a major goal on any trip we take. We always try to eat at someplace we've never tried before when we travel, but on visits to Rapid City, this rule is meant to be broken. We visit Rapid City at least once a year, and we have made it a family custom to eat at Philly Ted's every time! Ted's cheesesteak sandwiches are one of my all-time favorite things to stick in my mouth. The seating sucks, the order area is ridiculously small, but those things don't matter. The food is top notch and is priced right. I've never had a Philly cheesesteak in Philadelphia, but if they are anything like Philly Ted's cheesesteaks (which, according to others more in-the-know than me, they are), I understand why they are such a phenomenon. Some of the reviews on here dog on the use of Cheez Whiz. I LOVE the Cheez Whiz, but there are sandwiches available with other, less perfect cheese-type products.

If you are looking for a good eat and have a few minutes to wait (this ain't traditional fast food where your food sits under a heat lamp... they make each order fresh), give this joint a try!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
“YESSSS!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nothing else like it around here.
Now I can't eat a "Philly Steak" anywhere else.
Lots of options or just the basics.
I love catching this place when I have that certain kind of stressed out hunger that can only be satisfied by big tasty food.
Thanks Ted.

Visited October 2012
Hill City, South Dakota
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband has worked with the owner, who moved here from Philadelphia and opened this restaurant after discovering there were no philly cheese-steaks in the area. This is authentic, delicious cuisine! It's small, much like stepping into a local shop in Philadelphia, which only adds to the authentic feel. It seems that most people order for take-out but there is some seating available. Service is always friendly. Don't pass this up!

• Visited September 2012