“It is AWESOME! Great food and great quality.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
“It is AWESOME! Great food and great quality.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have eaten there since he had the location near Canyon Lake, great food, always tastes great! It blows my diet but its well worth it. Tastes AWESOME! Actually last time i ordered a sandwich i won 40 dollars at the casino next door so i made out great.

• Visited December 2012

“Damn good cheesesteak!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Always good food and friendly service! But they need a bigger place. Other places in RC say they have good cheesesteaks, they don't.

Selby, South Dakota
“pretty darn close to pats & genos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

as philly/south jersey guy now living in SD [east river] i always stop here when i come to rapid. it is a mini-version of the two icons in south philly, so don't look for "nice" sitting area, etc. i always get cheese with raw [onions] so can't comment on their special cheesesteaks, which are named after NFL teams [and the local hockey team] and

i'm never disappointed. ted behind the counter and the person on the till help "rookies" with their order. why not an excellent rating? 1) roll's a LITTLE smaller than philly rolls. they ARE very fresh & soft. 2) where's the big tub of sauce or ketchup?? maybe i missed it.

seating area is small but if you're over 21 you can eat at the connected casino, which has bigger tables.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
“Killer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The bread, the choices, Very delicious. I have been in many times and I love it. It is really not a family style place, but more of a place to hit on a lunch date or a casual outing. Cozy, clean, and well worth it, if you can't make it to Philadelphia for a Cheesesteak. Enjoy it, I have even bought 2 T shirts! Don't forget the Cheese Whiz!

Visited September 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Cheesesteak. Atmosphere Could Use Some Work...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My friends and I took a road trip to see Mount Rushmore recently. I knew that one of my friends had a thing for Philly Cheesesteaks, so I thought this would be a good place to try. I was wrong. It was so much more than good! The place had about twenty different kinds of cheesesteaks. There was something for everyone. If you like spicy food, they have it, if you like garlic, they have it. I got one with pepperoni and garlic. I was skeptical, but decided to try something new and I did not regret it. If I ever find myself in that area again, I will most definitely be eating at Philly Ted's! Oh, and when you walk in, it seems like it's just a counter where you order and then there's nowhere to sit, but if you go to the left of the counter there is actually seating back there.

Also, as a side note, this place has a challenge. I can't remember exactly what it is, but if you're into eating challenges, this one seemed (as I recall) quite difficult.

• Visited October 2012