“Honestly the best food we've ever eaten!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 191 Restaurants in Rapid City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th
Transit: Trolley cars run for special events and all summer tourist season. Taxi service also available.
Description: Established in 2007 and the concept of Pete Franklin, Delmonico Grill brings a jazzy metropolitan feel to our small city. Escape from your busy day with great food, fun atmosphere and good service!
gregory, sd
“Honestly the best food we've ever eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

This newly remodeled restaurant is georgeous. We had reservations and were seated immediately. Our server informed us about the specials, was helpful with drink suggestions, returned with our drinks and took our order. My husband had the bison short ribs with asparagus and a spicy meatball soup, and I had the prime rib French dip with Parmesan truffle fries. They had several seafood and steak options as well. Our food was so delicious . . The dip for my sandwich was their French onion soup . . So yummy! They had live music, a pianist, but we left before she started. All in all, a wonderful dining experience. We will be back!

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rapid City, South Dakota
“Love the new look! Lunch was fabulous.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2015

I had lunch here for the first time since they opened after the remodel. I had the French Dip and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. It was utterly delicious. The au jus that they give you is their french onion soup and very flavorful. The beef on the French Dip was tender and tasty. The Garlic Mashed Potatoes were also delicious. The service was good, the staff was very friendly and inviting. There was a little lag time in getting some items but all in all I would give the service 4 stars. I love the new look and atmosphere. Great place to have a business lunch or just to enjoy a fine meal. The cost of lunch was comparable to other restaurants around the downtown area but hands down the best so far. They have certainly raised the bar for other restaurants for flavorful food for lunch.

• Visited April 2015
Rapid City
“It is reopened and remodeled, but still the same great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

We were on business and happened to walk by during their "soft" opening. They checked with the cook and were able to let us in on the first night since their remodel. I really liked the new atmosphere, it is fresh, interesting, and it works for Rapid I think. The menu had some new items; maybe 25% new. I tried the "On Green Dolphin" ribeye this time and it was cooked to perfection and quite tasty. We certainly all enjoyed our meal and commented we'll be back again. Staff was pleasant and helpful. A great meal!

• Visited March 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Food & Service is Phenomenal !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

We had our office Christmas party here. I've never had a steak so tender that it literally melted in your mouth. the service was amazing always checking on us removing dirty plates bringing us fresh silverware when needed very very wonderful experience. yes it is quite pricey!!

Visited December 2014
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Can you afford to be snobs in Rapid City, SD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

We have dined there many times. The space is limited- very noisy for an upscale restaurant. Some menu items were excellently prepared. Wait staff was exceptional. Last experience was that we needed reservations for 2 at 5:30 during the off season. I saw the nostrils of the hostess when we told her that we did not have reservations. Of course, we did not, so we were not seated, even when most of the restaurant was empty. Nope- X`d off my list and there are other fishes in the sea where I can spend my fun coupons.

Visited March 2014