“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Fabulous bed, incredible staff, nice breakfast buffet and overall great service. Highly Recommend! Arrived with a large group late at night and the desk staff was tremendously efficient at getting everyone checked in and bags to their rooms. The bed was a piece of heaven - so incredibly comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza. Thank you for mentioning how great the beds are. I have had numerous guests inquire about purchasing them. We really appreciate your business and your time in leaving a review. Thank you.

Sherry Beck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn is a great place to stay when in Rapid City SD. The Front Desk people are well trained and take customer service to the highest levels. The best Front Desk person is Savannah. You couldn’t have a better experience if you are dealing with this employee. She is knowledgeable, efficient and has a GREAT disposition which makes for a pleasurable experience when you check in to the property. The rooms were clean, the bed was great, the Internet was fast and reliable and the hotel is a relaxing place plus it’s close to everything downtown and convenient to the main roads in the area.

The only negative thing about the property is the dining experience. It doesn’t live up to the great accommodations. Most of the menu items are institutional food service slop that is either fried, cooked in a bag or fried and the wait staff doesn’t have the same high standards as the Front Desk. Attentiveness to the customer is not paramount which leads to unfilled water glasses, long delay on serving the food and equally long delay in delivery of the bill and making payment which is handled by the wait staff. After my entrée was served the waiter did not come back to check on me until I was finished. Had the waiter come back to check on me he would have found that I needed water and would have liked some ketchup for my onion rings. I notice other patrons having the same issues so it wasn’t a one-off experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I am so happy to hear that Savannah made your stay. She really is a gem here at the Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza. Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize her. I appreciate your details in regards to your experience in the restaurant. I have shared the review with the team and we are taking the necessary steps to make sure that others will not be disappointed in the same way. Please visit us again soon.

Berlin, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn was clean, pleasant and the staff was cheerful and helpful.
It is located just 2 blocks from downtown Rapid City and it is a pleasant walk through Memorial Park.

The atrium in the hotel was an enjoyable place for a drink and a refreshing spot for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the downtown area. You may have noticed the Promenade being build in the park out front. This will be a direct path from the Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza to our vibrant downtown. Please come back again soon and enjoy.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Jami at the front desk was an amazing help to me and went out of her way to help me with a off-beat issue when I was there for business! By far one of the best places I travel to for business. The front desk always is helpful and so friendly and given the volume of people that go through this hotel that says a lot for the management.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
That you for your kind review and for recognizing Jami at the front desk for going above and beyond. I have shared your review with the entire team and put Jami's name in lights for her great service at the Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again.

Spearfish, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed here a few times, this time was when I asked my girlfriend to merry me!!! And all the other restaurant were closed at 9, and these guys stayed open and made this night special for us. Talk about going above and beyond with services! I will always come here and give them my business! Thanks again to Ally, Dave, and everyone else involved with this memory!

Room Tip: I like the top floor because you don't hear the water turn on from the other floors in morning!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS! We are very happy and excited for you both. Thank you so much for allowing us to be part of such a special day. It was truely a pleasure for our team to assist you in this. Keep us in mind when the date is set, we would love to host your wedding and reception.

Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay during our last vacation to Rapid City, SD. The Manager and staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was always kept clean and well stocked. The hotel is very beautiful and has much to offer in regards to amenities and features. We enjoyed taking a dip in the hot tub before retiring for the night on our last night in the hotel. The beds were very comfortable and all of us were able to get plenty of sleep without interruption. They didn't even charge us for our small pet that we brought along. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. You won't go wrong staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review about the Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza. I am so happy to hear that you and your pet enjoyed your stay. Thanks for posting a few pictures as well. Travel safe and come see us again.

Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Everything about this hotel was very good except....see below.

The best part was the hospitality of Savannah Brecht at the front desk upon check in. She was very friendly and resourceful. The food was good, the hotel bar was good.

My only complaint was that upon entering my room, the temperature was 76 deg. I turned on the AC to 65 and then 62 and then 58 and then later to 50 deg. When waking up the next morning after a rough night of sleep, the temp was 76 deg. I told the front desk lady when checking out and all she said was they'ed check it out. No I',m sorry or anything else.

If all the employees were as nice and concerned as Savannah this would be a top notch place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
I sincerely appreciate your review. I would like to apologize for the attitude of indifference you experienced at our front desk. I can assure you that is not acceptable behavior and it has already been addressed. Thank you for the overall good review and for recognizing Savannah has a super star in customer service. We appreciate your time and you business. Thank you for staying with us.

Sherry Beck

Been to Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza? Share your experiences!