“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 52 hotels in Rapid City
Globe, Arizona
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just stayed for three days and found this hotel centrally located, with a beautiful central atrium and waterfall and two indoor jacuzzis and pool which I unfortunately did not have time to enjoy. I stayed in a two room suite which was nicely appointed, roomy and quiet. My room had a refrigerator, two TV flat screens, microwave and soft clean bedding with a wonderful mattress. The amenities were average as we're the bathroom fixtures. The hotel dining room serving breakfast was excellent with good food at reasonable prices. I appreciated all service personnel at this facility, the employees at the front desk, and servers in the dining room. I enjoyed the happy hour the last night there...they had $5 beers and $5 pulled pork sandwiches which were HUGE, too big for just happy hour, and phenomenal! What a treat! The elevators weren't all working, but other than that I would recommend this property if you are going to Rapid City. There was plenty of close parking and it seemed like a friendly neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for the detailed review. We really appreciate your business and your feedback. I want to make sure and let you know that the downtime for the elevator is part of a renovation plan to make our elevators faster and more efficient. I can assure you this is only a temporary inconvenience. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Sincerely, Sherry Beck, General Manager

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very good hotel, good buffet or from the menu breakfast, rooms very nice and in easy walking distance of downtown Rapid City. Very helpful and friendly stallf. Easy driving to Mount Rushmore and other attractions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hotel and staff, both 1st class.
The rooms are very spacious and beds very comfortable.
Nice little bar area for you to enjoy a drink, I didn't actually eat at the hotel but the food looked great.
The girls at reception were most helpful.

Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

As a professional speaker I travel extensively and stay in many hotels. When I arrived at the hotel the kitchen had been closed for 10 minutes. Seeing my distress as I had not eaten all day, the front desk clerk called the kitchen and they offered to make me something.

Heidi Smart, the restaurant manager, made me what I requested and even added a little something extra. Then she personally not only delivered it to me, but insisted on helping me with my bags to my room. As I have a broken wrist which is still healing, I truly appreciated that she not only noticed, but was kind enough to help me.

The rest of my stay continued with excellent customer service from every single staff member I encountered.

If you ever visit the Rapid City area, I highly recommend you stay at this hotel. It is truly top notch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. At the Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza, our guest comments mean a lot to us. We check for new reviews daily and we read them aloud weekly at a team meeting. Your opinion matters and Heidi will be recognized for her great service. Thank you again for the kind words. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Sherry Beck
United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel on TA reviews but was disappointed. This must have been a real showpiece once upon a time, but it's distinctly frayed around the edges and looks tired.
The grand atrium design is impressive but it acts like an echo chamber meaning noise below is amplified and is a nuisance.
The large king bed room we had was spacious but the bathroom was really small there were 2 TVs, a sofa & chair plus a desk & chair. Unfortunately the room was not that clean with areas under & behind furniture dusty, with previous occupants spillage left behind.
We used the restaurant for both breakfast & dinner, both of which were OK, but nothing special. Service was good.
On the 2nd night a wedding party was held which was very noisy. Someone smoked & set off the fire alarm in the evening which was promptly dealt with. Unfortunately it went off again at 1.30am, which wasn't funny - another false alarm.
At $165 a night I don't think this was good value and is not upto the standard of other HI's we have stayed in. Disappointing.

• Stayed September 2012
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I want to personally apologize for your disappointment during your stay. I am sorry that the condition of the hotel was not up to our high standards and again for the noise disturbance. Thank you for letting us know.

We try to provide and quiet, peaceful environment so all of our guests have the best possible stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns to ensure others are not disappointed in the same way.

Sherry Beck
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

A cockroach greeted me in the bathroom in the morning, and it's pal was running around the elevator lobby on my floor. Room decor is average; but the bugs are a let-down. When I informed the front desk when checking out, she just matter-of-factly wrote down the room number on a sheet of paper, and wasn't so surprised about this cleanliness issue.

• Stayed September 2012
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
We appreciate your making the effort to share your experience with us. You can be confident that we take comments about insects very seriously and have an adequate extermination program in place. I am not aware of any insect problem at the hotel and cockroaches are not common in South Dakota. I would very much appreciate an opportunity to look into this further.

It would be very helpful If you could please provide me with your room number and date stayed. I can be contacted by email at sherry.beck@rushmoreplaza.com or 605-348-4000.

I hope you will stay with us again soon. We value your patronage and look forward to serving you in the future. Sherry Beck- General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

When in the hills I will not stay anywhere else. The front desk staff, Savannah for one, is the best. They go the extra mile in service. The rooms are nice and comfortable. Probably standard for the area. Their people set this hotel apart from others in the area I had stayed prior. They are awesome and make it worth coming back!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza? Share your experiences!