“Clean, Decent, Inexpensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Alexandria, Virginia
“Clean, Decent, Inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed here for a week on a visit to western South Dakota. Although I was on the road and rarely in my room during the day, I enjoyed my time at the Inn. The continental breakfast was nothing special but quite adequate. It was served early and it was a decent start to the day. I packed a lunch every day so the mini-frig in the room proved indispensable. The King-sized bed was comfortable and the hot tub was a blessing when I returned from long drives to the Badlands and Devils Tower. Wal-Mart was just down the road and several good restaurants were nearby. I appreciated the free parking on the premises having had to pay outrageous parking fees at other hotels in the past. So, overall, I can recommend this Days Inn and would stay here again if I'm in Rapid City.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms at the south side are partially below ground, affecting the view from the window...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Neath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night on our way to Yellowstone.

When we checked in the lady at the desk tol is about breakfast, explained where our room was, gave us our keys and then said "and we don't have an elevator!" (she seemed pretty proud of that for some reason.) Although a little inconvenient, that wasn't a big deal as the hotel is only over two floors and we managed to get our heavy cases up the one flight of stairs without too much difficulty.

The rooms were a decent, fairly fresh and clean with everything you would expect at this sort of hotel.

In the morning we used the small but pleasant pool and spa area.

The continental breakfast buffet, served in the lobby, was good with pastries, muffins, waffles, biscuits & gravy, yoghurts, cereal etc along with coffee and tea. (Being British we were glad to find some decent teabags!)

All in all we were pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Sioux Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Staff are really nice people. The rooms have big screen tvs. Pool is nice too. I stay here once a week every month. I like it here..............................................................................................................

• Stayed October 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

the floor in the room needed to be cleaned. Three big spots on the floor.
I do like the hot tub it is the only thing That I go to that place for. NOTE if there is no hot tub I will not stay. It hepls with my back on long drives./

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Pam B, General Manager at Days Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoy our hot tub. However, I am so sorry you did not find everything in your room to be satisfactory. We have been working on getting all of our carpets professionally cleaned, as we do every year when the busy summer season comes to an end. Please contact me directly. I would like to know which room you were in, so that I can verify whether or not it has been done yet.
Again, Thank you for your review. Customer feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues have already been addressed. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Been to Days Inn Rapid City? Share your experiences!