“Run away as fast as you can!” 1 of 5 stars

Pierre Inn & Suites
205 W Pleasant Dr, Pierre, SD 57501 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #10 of 11 hotels in Pierre
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Run away as fast as you can!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Nasty rooom, no breakfast as advertised. Mold in the tub/shower. Blood and other stains on the bed spread, Carpet was absolutely disgusting. The couch was from anoter era far, far, in the past, as disgusting as the carpet. All other rooms in town were booked to capacity, so there was no other choice. Maid service is non exixtent, had to get clean towels from the desk at night. Our family booked 2 seperate rooms, both a pit of dispair.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Seymour, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

It was 106 that day. Luckily I was in a first floor room because upstairs on that south side of the building, as I saw on the way to do laundry, was like a solar oven. The walkway was glassed in and even with windows open it was beyond belief. I don't know if anyone was staying up there but there was trash in bags and just here and there on the floor. I caught a mourning dove and released it out the window before its little brains were fried. My room had a bullet hole in the window that didn't open. The room was large and even had a recliner which was a first for me in a motel. It had a fridge and microwave. As with all the rooms I've had in SD, it was clean. The rooms on the other side had a much nicer setting with trees. It was convenient to a grocery store, restaurants, and downtown. It cost more than the Capitol Inn on the other side of town and wasn't as nice. If the Capitol Inn were full I would consider staying here but not otherwise.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
SD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Stayed one night and that was more than enough! The main sleeping area was alright but you sure didn't want to use the bathroom. It was filthy, the toilet hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long, there were dead and living bugs in the bathroom and the floor in the bathroom was filthy to the point I took my sandals in with me so I didn't have to touch the floor after my shower. I was very disappointed in this hotel. The staff was fine but the manager should check the work of his staff to be sure things are cleaned, he was not surprised when I told him the bathroom was filthy and had bugs in it. I wouldn't recommend staying there.

• Liked — staff was friendly
  • Disliked — filthy bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wayzata
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

I can't say enough about this place. My husband and I stay in alot of hotels during the year. We stayed last year and went back this year. We will continue to stay in this hotel as long as its around. Wonderul rooms and beds. We were met with a beer as well!! Very friendly people and terrific rates. Its the only hotel know of that goes DOWN in its rates for Sturgis. Horray to you!!!! Mimi & Tom, Wayzata, MN

• Liked — The Bed
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
Sacramento,California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

Your courtesty and professional approach, made our stay in Pierre, SD more that it would have been without our contact with your establishment. The breakfast that you prepared and served for us, was a touch that I and my wife will talk about for a long time and we will refer anyone that travels your way to your refuge away from home. Thanks so much ..........Dave and Jo Ann

• Liked — The overall consideration to us as tired travelers, immediately we were placed important.
  • Disliked — Street parking and the neighborhood a little rough.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

This is not a new property, and they did not try to sell it as one.
I called and made the reservations a week in advance, we had a room with two queen size beds, no complaints. One of the big reasons we chose this hotel was that they offer a hot breakfast. After a comfortable nights rest we returned to the office to see what they had for breakfast. They had us go into a kitchen, like you would have at home, sit down and they started cooking us breakfast, just like you would at home, fried eggs, bacon, toast, fruit, coffee, and orange juice. They served us, talked for awhile and away we went. Very nice people
I will be staying there next time I have the opportunity to visit Pierre.
**Just a note for the manager, I still remember the secret word,
look forward to seeing you again.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — No chairs outside of room
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2006

Booked a room for myself, my spouse and female friend at this hotel. It is an old hotel and in obvious need of repair. First room they offered, only had a double bed. Not sufficient for 3 people.
Second room offered had just been painted. Paint smell was so strong, my friend couldn't stay there cause of her sinus problems.
Third room they offered we accepted even though we only stayed one night. The room (as were all the rooms we viewed) filthy. The floor had what appeared to be dried BM, there was brown specks of "something" around the rim of the bathtub. The bathroom had no door, the shower had no curtain. The microwave oven looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in years! We were afraid to bring our clothing into the room, because there appeared to be bed bugs in the beds.
We tried to talk to the person at the desk about the room, but was told, we'd have to talk to the manager. When we finally talked to him, he said he gives his help a check list and obviously, they never completed the check list on our room. He refused to refund our first night's stay, but did reimburse us for the 2nd night, which we refused to take. There was a large activity going on in the city, that weekend and no other hotels were available. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed September 2006

Been to Pierre Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!