“Not recommended” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 hotels in Pierre
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Not recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Their website said rooms were remodeled with hardwood floors and recliners. When we got there, the room had carpet that looked 10 years old, wet and moldy ceiling tiles falling into the shower, and mud on the floor. My alarm clock did not work, and the replacement one they assured me would work had a faulty alarm. I was on a hunting trip and appreciated them allowing my well trained house dog in the room with me. The staff was rude and unfriendly, and my hunting partners' room did not get maid service for 2 days. There were large garbage containers in the parking lot where guests cleaned their fish and birds and they were not emptied the whole time (5 nights) we were there. There were garbage bags piled around the full garbage containers and they smelled horrible. I will definitely stay elsewhere on my next hunting trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Cheyenne, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Nasty rooom, no breakfast as advertised. Mold in the tub/shower. Blood and other stains on the bed spread, Carpet was absolutely disgusting. The couch was from anoter era far, far, in the past, as disgusting as the carpet. All other rooms in town were booked to capacity, so there was no other choice. Maid service is non exixtent, had to get clean towels from the desk at night. Our family booked 2 seperate rooms, both a pit of dispair.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Seymour, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

It was 106 that day. Luckily I was in a first floor room because upstairs on that south side of the building, as I saw on the way to do laundry, was like a solar oven. The walkway was glassed in and even with windows open it was beyond belief. I don't know if anyone was staying up there but there was trash in bags and just here and there on the floor. I caught a mourning dove and released it out the window before its little brains were fried. My room had a bullet hole in the window that didn't open. The room was large and even had a recliner which was a first for me in a motel. It had a fridge and microwave. As with all the rooms I've had in SD, it was clean. The rooms on the other side had a much nicer setting with trees. It was convenient to a grocery store, restaurants, and downtown. It cost more than the Capitol Inn on the other side of town and wasn't as nice. If the Capitol Inn were full I would consider staying here but not otherwise.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
SD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Stayed one night and that was more than enough! The main sleeping area was alright but you sure didn't want to use the bathroom. It was filthy, the toilet hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long, there were dead and living bugs in the bathroom and the floor in the bathroom was filthy to the point I took my sandals in with me so I didn't have to touch the floor after my shower. I was very disappointed in this hotel. The staff was fine but the manager should check the work of his staff to be sure things are cleaned, he was not surprised when I told him the bathroom was filthy and had bugs in it. I wouldn't recommend staying there.

• Liked — staff was friendly
  • Disliked — filthy bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wayzata
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

I can't say enough about this place. My husband and I stay in alot of hotels during the year. We stayed last year and went back this year. We will continue to stay in this hotel as long as its around. Wonderul rooms and beds. We were met with a beer as well!! Very friendly people and terrific rates. Its the only hotel know of that goes DOWN in its rates for Sturgis. Horray to you!!!! Mimi & Tom, Wayzata, MN

• Liked — The Bed
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
Sacramento,California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

Your courtesty and professional approach, made our stay in Pierre, SD more that it would have been without our contact with your establishment. The breakfast that you prepared and served for us, was a touch that I and my wife will talk about for a long time and we will refer anyone that travels your way to your refuge away from home. Thanks so much ..........Dave and Jo Ann

• Liked — The overall consideration to us as tired travelers, immediately we were placed important.
  • Disliked — Street parking and the neighborhood a little rough.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

This is not a new property, and they did not try to sell it as one.
I called and made the reservations a week in advance, we had a room with two queen size beds, no complaints. One of the big reasons we chose this hotel was that they offer a hot breakfast. After a comfortable nights rest we returned to the office to see what they had for breakfast. They had us go into a kitchen, like you would have at home, sit down and they started cooking us breakfast, just like you would at home, fried eggs, bacon, toast, fruit, coffee, and orange juice. They served us, talked for awhile and away we went. Very nice people
I will be staying there next time I have the opportunity to visit Pierre.
**Just a note for the manager, I still remember the secret word,
look forward to seeing you again.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — No chairs outside of room
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pierre Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!