“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Pierre
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here for one nite on a Road Scholar tour. Actually I was in the motel for only a short time between dinner & going to sleep, but it was quite adequate. An interesting touch was providing a few ragged washcloths dyed pink & blue to use for removing makeup &/or cleaning shoes. I liked that because I hate staining white motel washcloths when removing makeup. Our group was too large for the breakfast room, so the manager provided a private hot breakfast for us in a conference room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alfred, ND USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Staff were friendly at check in and check out. Good breakfast - waffles, sausage and biscuits, eggs, and the regular cereal, toast, rolls, etc. Room was clean and tidy. Network access was good. Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

part of cosmos coach tour found it clean walmart near only comment the water tasted weird no illness though

Room Tip: breakfast included very nice touch, part of coach tour .
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Part of a group tour at a time when the weather threatened to disrupt our stay and sightseeing. Fortunately the hotel was sufficiently far enough away from the river and on higher ground to dispel our enjoyment and stay. Very comfortable hotel with great facilities. Room was more than adequate as was the service. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Manager /Owner Thomas was a totally difficult person to deal with. He quoted me a daily cost of 46.50 plus tax per room.When I got the bill the room rate was 89.99. I rented five rooms we stayed there for five days to help fight the flood with our equipment. When I got the bill they overcharged me by $750.00. When I called Thomas he was very rude and unreasonable and would not do anything about the overcharge. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't want to get ripped off by an arrogant and very poor manager

Room Tip: go to a real hotel not this rip off
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
kingsinnpierre, General Manager at Kings Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
The guest's step son in law requested one room with one bed and I granted him a discounted rate because I knew the son in law. Upon arrival, the guest requested 4 more rooms with two beds. Each registration card had the rate prominently displayed and was even initialed by the guest. We never agreed to a discounted rate for more than one room as we were almost full. After departure, guest called and threatened to "be my worst advertising" if I didn't reduce the rate for the other rooms. He continued to call the front desk during the day making threats.
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I was totally awestruck when I checked into our room (King Leisure) during a recent trip to Pierre SD for a Tourism Conference. The room was big, bright, and throughly Clean, we had a ref and micro, iron and ironing board, a seperate walk in closet, love seat, and seperate reclining chair. I usually stay at Holiday Inns or better but do to last minute booking those hotels were not available. The Kings Inn more than made up for the difference, They also had a on-site laundry, and a very extensive hot breakfast each morning. Cari (I believe that was her name) could not have been more pleasant and helpful during our stay. When Pierre The Kings Inn and Conference Center is the place for me.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I stayed at the King's Inn for a business trip. I tossed and turned the first couple of nights because staying in one position too long hurt and the third day I woke up with hip pain. I looked under the stained mattress and there was subflooring board under it! I've had to get massage and chiropractic.
I called the manager to ask for a refund for my discomfort and he refused, saying it's perfectly ok for a hotel to do that to firm up the mattress. Nice customer service!!!! The customer should be told if there is a board first!
The staff was great, except for the manager, but I would have been more comfortable in my car!!!!
Also, the photos on their web-site are misleading to how the rooms really look. Very outdated. I'm not just a disgruntled customer, but others at the business conference agreed it was not a comfortable stay no matter how nice the desk staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pierre
River Lodge
Governor's Inn - Pierre
Governor's Inn - Pierre
#6 of 11 in Pierre
4.0 of 5 stars 62 reviews

Been to Kings Inn Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!