“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Pierre
Wyndmere, North Dakota
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Family and I stayed while at a Bull Riding Event. The girls stayed during the day and were taken to the Capitol, Mall, and who knows where else. No other hotel in the area woud treat us better. Clean rooms, great staff and great last min rate. Three night of great hotel stay. Would recommend for a family vacation or just a overnite stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
rickmurray, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for your response. Iam glad you and your family had a pleasant stay. I will pass your comments on to the staff.

general Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

My brother's graduations was held here in our hotel room, we couldn't afford the big room, but when we went to check in and they said the room wasn't ready! what?! we told the front desk we will be there at 3 it wasn't until 430 when we checked into our room. After that we went swimming and i was told that i had to sit by the pool to watch my 10 year old cousin who is a very well swimmer. I was mad. I wanted to spend time with family I haven't seen in a while. I know that this isn't normal for a place like this before this i always had good experince. one more thing the front desk called us saying we were being loud at 5 pm and we were not being loud we were content and quiet I dont get why that had to call. This was supposed to be a graduation party it was more of a graduation party taken over by the employees there. The hallways had a "mucky" smell to it and the floor was sobbing wet infront of our door. I don't know why but you know you could do alot better.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
rickmurray, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
I apologize for the wait to get into your room. I have spoke with the front desk and it should have been handled differently. We will have our maintenance department check the pool area in front of rooms and have them wet vaccum periodically. Again I apologize for the inconveniences that you endured. Rick Murray general manager
Surprise, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We have eaten in the restaurant several times during visits to town and always had good experiences, but yesterday was a disaster in that my wife got food poisoning from the chicken rice soup. Are they not following proper food care practices?

• Stayed February 2012
rickmurray, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
I apologize that your wife became ill after you dined in our cafe. We didn't have any other complaints of anyone else getting sick. We heat our food to the proper temperature and cool it to 40 degrees in less than 20 minutes when refrigerating it. During this season there are alot of flu like systoms going around. Agaain I apologize.
Selby, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Great place to stay for business or pleasure! The room was comfortable and conveniently located. The whole staff is courteous and friendly from managers to wait staff. The maintenance staff also tried their best to keep the whole group satisfied with the temperature of the conference room....even though we are hard to please. They adjusted the thermostat several times without objection. The meal served to our group was also wonderful. I have attended several conferences at this location and it is amazing to me to observe the longevity of the staff. Most employees have been there for over ten years....and many of them address me personally during my stay. Thanks Kathy! I truly appreciate your attention to customer service.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
rickmurray, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you from the staff and management for your reponse. Our staff and management have been here for an extended time and we appreciate that you chose our property.
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

The room seemed ok. Updated TV, room seemed clean.
They have specials to fix your catch/kill as well as outbuildings to clean in and freezers. They will even fix you a sack lunch.
The river runs along property.

Complaints :
Front desk guy was [---]
Musty odor in hall.
A bit pricey for what you get in Pierre SD where you can't even find a decent meal after 9pm.

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you for your response. We have alot of hunters and fisherman stay with us throughout the year and we try to accomadate them. I apologize for the front desk employee and the musty smell in the hallway. We will work with the front desk to ensure this doesn't happen again. The hallways have been cleaned since then. We had a flood in Pieer throughout the summer and it created alot of humidity in the building. The week after Labor Day we were able to remove our sandbags and then we started the extra clean-up. We shampooed the hallways and deep cleaned the rooms. Again thank you for your response and I apologize for any inconveince.
South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed at the Ramkota while in Pierre. They all are the same. For the most part the staff was friendly. The bed was comfortable. As far as the hotel goes, it goes along with my review of the Ramkota in Aberdeen. The rooms are dated, televisions are old, wallpaper needs to be gone, and bathrooms need some work. The Ramkota Hotels are all old- the main face lifts appeared to happen when convetion centers were attached. New Convention Centers connected to an old Hotel. The parking lot needs some work, and the Lobby needs updating. There is no "curb appeal" to the Hotel. We did not use the pool area, but that portion seemed to look nice. I would drive the extra few seconds across the bridge and stay at the Holiday Inn Express which is much newer and provides a good breakfast in the mornings. There is also a new Hotel / Convention Center being constructed across from the Ramkota- that would I look into.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
rickmurray, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
I want to apologize and thank you for your comments. We are in the process of replacing televisions. The parking lot will be done this spring for sure. We have a ground water problem from the recent flooding along the Missouri River. When we start remodeling rooms we will remove the vinyl and paint our interior. Rick Murray -General Manager
Oro Station, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

my wife and i stopped here on our way to Sturgis bike week. The hotel is located on the far end of town ( hwy 14/34 ) which was great for our early morning departure. The reception hostell was excellent and friendly and couldn't have been any nicer to deal with.
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and had a great steak dinner with a nice bottle of wine for $60!!
Bikes were protected under the hotel canopy. The rooms were clean, tidy and well maintained. We had breakfast ( not included ) the next morning before heading out and again the service was good and food was very decent.
Would stay here again if I was passing through.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Rick Murray general manage

Been to BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!