“The only place to come in Pierre” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Pierre
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are located 5 miles east of Pierre on Highway 34 overlooking beautiful Lake Sharpe. Great food in a casual atmosphere (we have sawdust on the floor). You might have to wait, but it's worth it!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The only place to come in Pierre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Whenever I come to Pierre, this is the only place to eat. If you get here before dark, you have a good view of the Missouri River. The steaks are fantastic but always too much for me to eat. You can't beat the prices for food and for the drinks. The service is always good

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nebraska USA
“Go! Go! Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I loved this place! I was in Pierre SD for a conf and started hearing about this place as the "best steaks in town"... The folks I went there with had eaten there the night prior and couldn't wait to go back. They actually gave me exactly what I ordered (e.g. No Texas toast please). Green beans were fresh and not floating in butter - yay! Service was good, sawdust on floor added floor - I ordered my sirloin steak medium but I think medium rare would have been better, just FYI. Go and enjoy!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Best steak ever had .. Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant has it all if you are a tired tourist!.
Fabulous staff , help to create a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere.. Nothing is to much trouble.
The steak was best we have ever had , even Aberdeen Angus, so tender and tasty , cooked to perfection.
Saw dust on the floor was great finishing touch.
Noted the 'extras' you could buy like onions / fries etc were very reasonable, $1 for fries!!! In GB these can be really expensive.. Wish we had somewhere like this in England.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
BEMIDJI
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had a huge cut of prime rib here taste was amazing, tender meat, just awesome. So much food for the money. Salad they bring you out the lettuce and you add what you want to it. Had a baked potato with my prime was an awesome pair. The guys I was with got their steaks and sides all on their big plate, me yeah I got my sides on the side and my plate was completely filled with the prime rib. I order prime rib all the time when I go out. This is the best I have ever had.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Dakota
“No Frills Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Cattleman's uses excellent beef and if you want a good steak you can consistently find it here. Very casual. Menu offers mostly steak. Favorite of locals.

Visited July 2012