I wish I lived here! It's beautiful and full of wildlife. We saw every prairie bird imaginable and even caught some toads for my children to hold. I found myself on many occasions just standing still, absorbing where I was for long periods of time. The only sounds are nature. The pictures of this place don't even do it justice. The food was good, and the hosts were accommodating. Here is the list of issues you may have, though:
1. GPS and directions issues you may have: The address reads "Pierre", but it's nowhere near the commercial part of the city. There is nothing around for miles for food or gas, so make sure you eat right before checking in if you check-in after dark. Also, the street address reads "284th Avenue", but that street is not posted anywhere at all. There isn't a sign; in fact, the sign actually reads "Peoria Place" instead. Oh, and the wooden sign on the road that tells you the turn off for the street is posted before a private driveway, not the actual road you're supposed to turn on, and it doesn't match the second sign at the next turn.
2. There's soft water, which my father didn't like, but I do.
3. There's a small box shower, so bathing children is a chore. However, the water pressure is excellent.
4. The rooms with two beds are so cramped that two people can't pass each other in the room; one has to move to the side like cars approaching a narrow bridge.
5. The TV doesn't get many channels at all.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.