“Family Reunion in "Heaven"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Log Heaven Resort

Log Heaven Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pierre
Log Heaven Resort
You added Log Heaven Resort to your Saves list
20050 284th Ave, Pierre, SD 57501   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Pierre B&B and Inns
Philip, South Dakota
“Family Reunion in "Heaven"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We recently had a family reunion at Log Heaven and the hospitality that we were shown was beyond compare. Deb, Emily and Sonya and the rest of the staff were wonderful. I spent several months planning the weekend with Emily and she was so very accomodating and helpful. Deb is a fantastic hostess - opening her beautiful home to people from all over the world - and she makes a darn good breakfast, too. From the moment we arrived until the morning that we had to leave, we felt at home. Some of the family stayed in the lodge and the rooms were beautiful. The rest of the fam stayed in the Bunk House and we were all very statisfied although as stated in previous reviews, the double queen rooms were a little cramped. The king room was spacious enough for a couple to be comfortable. We also used the conference room for our gatherings which worked very well.
The food was GREAT and plentiful. We never left hungry........ and they were so willing to work within our budget.
The firepit/patio at the lodge was a wonderful gathering place in the evenings to have a glass of wine/beer and visit about our day. And the view of the Missouri River was spectacular!
Log Heaven had everything that we needed and more. It is a good 10+ minute drive from Pierre but is well worth the time. I hope to make it back there for a weekend get-away.
Thanks again ladies for the wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: The king suite in the bunkhouse and the two queen rooms in the lodge were very spacious and beautifu...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I wish I lived here! It's beautiful and full of wildlife. We saw every prairie bird imaginable and even caught some toads for my children to hold. I found myself on many occasions just standing still, absorbing where I was for long periods of time. The only sounds are nature. The pictures of this place don't even do it justice. The food was good, and the hosts were accommodating. Here is the list of issues you may have, though:
1. GPS and directions issues you may have: The address reads "Pierre", but it's nowhere near the commercial part of the city. There is nothing around for miles for food or gas, so make sure you eat right before checking in if you check-in after dark. Also, the street address reads "284th Avenue", but that street is not posted anywhere at all. There isn't a sign; in fact, the sign actually reads "Peoria Place" instead. Oh, and the wooden sign on the road that tells you the turn off for the street is posted before a private driveway, not the actual road you're supposed to turn on, and it doesn't match the second sign at the next turn.
2. There's soft water, which my father didn't like, but I do.
3. There's a small box shower, so bathing children is a chore. However, the water pressure is excellent.
4. The rooms with two beds are so cramped that two people can't pass each other in the room; one has to move to the side like cars approaching a narrow bridge.
5. The TV doesn't get many channels at all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wow! What a visit. Spectacular views, hospitality, and food! Thank you to Deb and Sonja for a great time.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Liberty, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We recently spent a night at Long Heaven Resort in Pierre. The view when you drive up to the home is just beautiful, huge logs and glass from both the front and back. Deb, the owner, was so friendly and helpful. The rooms were beautiful and all furniture and fixtures are top of the line and very clean. Deb will cook dinner on site, We had an amazing warm spinach salad with pecans and bacon, grilled steaks with potatos and brocolli, and dessert. Why would you leave? I don't believe there could have been a better meal in Pierre! There is outside seating with a fire pit as well as several fireplaces inside. Breakfast was also delicious! I believe they will cater weddings and host reunions as well as meetings and trainings. This is truly a hidden gem. Try it out, we felt special and you will, too!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Granbury TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We were recently in need of lodging that would take our dog and found Log Heaven on Trip Advisor. The name of the place is so true. It is Log Heaven. Upon driving up to this awesome place you will see why they called it Log Heaven. It truly is.

The road less traveled brings you to this incredible place. In my travels to over 25 Countries, I have never been treated better or been so in awe of a place. Log Heaven is such a a place. Words do no justice to this Gem.

The Hospitality given by Deb is truly exceptional. From the moment you arrive you feel like you are staying with a friend. You arrive as a guest and leave as a friend. That my friend, is something 99% of the places I have stayed in are lacking.

The exterior is breath-taking as is the interior. The place as designed by the Hosts and is a work of Art. The view over the Lake is also beautiful. The setting with the Log Home is like out of a Movie. And you are the Star. Do yourself a HUGE favor and check this place out.

The Appetizers and the Dinner are better than any 5 Star Restaurant. You can tell when someone loves what they do and these Fine People do. It was a Honor to stay there and I have never felt that way in the 30 years of traveling this Globe. I cannot do justice to this place and the people who run it but I can highly recommend you check this place out. You will be feeling like I am reviewing Log Heaven, Out of this World.

Thank You Deb....

Room Tip: There are NO bad rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
North Platte, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012 via mobile

I found Log Heaven on a Google search for B&B in Pierre,SD. When we called Deb was super nice and we thought we would give it a try. Pulling up the car to the entryway we were blown away. We were then warmly greeted by Deb and shown the breathtaking grounds. Our room was fantastic with a door that led outside to the patio. We travel with our kids (two Havanese dogs) they were welcomed, as well. Log Heaven is a special place were you are welcomed as guests and leave like family. Do yourself a favor and get to know Deb & Max and stay a while at Log Heaven. This has to be the most special place I've stayed at. Try it for yourself and see what a gem it truly is.

• Stayed February 2012
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I descended on this spectacular main house and detached set of guest rooms with 15 others to hold a strategic planning retreat. Deb and her staff were perfect in their preparations, flexibility, and hospitality. We took our meals in the kitchen and attached dining areas. Held our meetings in the comfortable main room of the detached guest lodge. Had a nice cocktail hour in their downstairs bar area. We enjoyed the views, the staff interactions, meals, and refreshments. I slept in one of the cozy but well-appointed rooms in the guest lodge. Close to town. This is a gem.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Log Heaven Resort? Share your experiences!