You added Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oacoma
Thousand Oaks, California
“Problems”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Smoke free room smelled of smoke. Problems with card keys for doors(3 new ones needed first afternoon) Had same problems with keys and smoke smell on our last visit but was told that they had recently opened from previous entity and were renovating, Carpeting looked nice & new. .Also found ants on table and night stand. There was also a problem with the toilet stool. Numerous flushing needed to flush a small piece of toilet paper.. Good breakfast...Friendly personnel. Close to everything.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
DebCrawford, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
We really appreciate your comments about your stay. Our Hotel became a smoke-free property about 3 years ago, and unfortunately even after 3 years of cleaning carpets, washing walls, etc. the smoke smell sometimes reappears. Thankfully, we only had to convert a few rooms over to non-smoking! We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. As new owners, we have been making many improvements each year, so we hope you enjoy them. (Yes, the carpetting is new!) Have a wonderful summer and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We had a two queen suite because we are three adults and need the extra room. This was just what we needed. The hotel was clean and everything was in working order. Check in was quick and the front desk was very friendly and cheerful. Breakfast was adequate but a bit disorganised. Only suggestion I would make is that the TV needs to be down the end where the seating is not between the beds. Beds were comfortable and the a/c was quiet.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011 via mobile

Rooms are average and clean. There are no restaurants anywhere nearby.

• Stayed June 2011
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

This is a clean, well-maintained hotel and a great stop on the way to/from the Black Hills. We were very impressed with the front desk staff, the cleanliness of the room, the breakfast and the upkeep of the property in general. Sometimes the hotels right off the interstate become "shop worn" in a hurry, but this place (which is six years old) is in really great shape. There are restaurants and gas stations nearby (we like eating at Al's Oasis). Overall, great for a one-night stay on the way to our destination. The ONLY negative I could find about this place was their coffee, which was really weak, but other than that, a great find at the price ($62 w/senior discount).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Beemer, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Easy access on/off I-90. Check in was fast and convenient. Clean and well maintained. Offered a discount for AAA member. Breakfast was nice with warm food and a good selection.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Natesboys, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We will always continue to provide the best service to meet the needs or our guests. We look forward to another stay from you in the future. We wish you safe travels and a great year to come.
Gettysburg, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights.There were 9 of us having a family get together. The staff was awesome,rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. Very friendly place to stay. Planning on meeting there again next year.

• Stayed March 2011
Natesboys, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Thank you for the opportunity to accomodate your family. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and will be looking forward to your return next year. Have a safe and eventfull year.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

I travel extensively throughout the US and abroad. In 2009, I spent over 160 nights in hotels. I can honestly say this is the best Howard Johnson I have ever visited. The front desk people were thorough, very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very acceptable and clean. The overall atmosphere was very pleasant and relaxing. I would have no reservation recommending this hotel to anyone. When I checked out, I left my cell phone charger in the room. The hotel called my business meeting and left a message for me that I had left it. The staff had it at the front desk waiting for me when I came back to the hotel. That was a first for me. I would gladly stay here anytime I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Natesboys, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota, responded to this review, December 31, 2010
Thank you for your comments. It is always my hope that if I left something at a hotel. The hotel would do the same thing for me. We look forward to your return. Happy New Year and safe travels.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota

Address: 203 East Hwy 16, Oacoma, SD 57365
Location: United States > South Dakota > Oacoma
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oacoma
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota Hotel Oacoma
Howard Johnson Inn And Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Chamberlain / Oacoma South Dakota, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.