“Adequate hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
Youngstown, Ohio
“Adequate hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is an older building and it is in need of some refurbishing. However, there were no major problems, and the price, $79, was resonable. Breakfast was fine and the service was very good, but breakfast ended at 9 a.m., pretty early, especially on a Sunday morning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night. This was my first time and will be my last time stayiing at a Quality Inn. I choose this motel because it was easily accessible off of I90. For the higher price that I paid for this motel, $120, over the others in the area, I would have expected a higher quality place. There are two floors and no elevator which is important to know if you have difficulty walking up stairs. I had a knee injury and the clerk told me "you look healthy" when I questioned being on second floor with no elevator and needed to carry my luggage up the stairs. Didn't impress me. The beds were comfortable, but the room was humid as the air conditioners are wall units. The bathroom sink was extremely low even for a 5 foot tall person such as myself. I couldn't imagine the backache my 6 foot husband would have stooping over to wash up if he had travelled with me on this trip. The breakfast was OK. The basic waffles, biscuits/gravy and cereal.

Room Tip: No elevators
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

The room is very well decorated, with rich colors and high quality appliances and furnishings. The room was very clean (room 209). This is also the only hotel I've been to that uses fabric softner in all of the towels. The bed was so comfortable I had to investigate what was all there. The matress was a Sealy Madura bought in January 2012, there was a down pillow top mattress cover. The bathroom was very clean, the pool and hot tub were nice. The one drawback is that there is no elevator. The morning breakfast was good as far as continental breakfasts are concerned. The gentlemen working the front desk (owners?) were very courteous and helpful as well as nice. Overall this is a very impressive place, and the price I paid was far lower then the rest for the same night (I paid $77 for a double room). Thanks for a nice stay.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have physical limitations stick to the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jefferson City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were traveling with a large family of 16 and had 4 rooms reserved and held with a credit card. When we arrived in Mitchell, we found the night manager had allowed all 4 of our rooms to be given away with no explanation as to why. I know why, because he knew he'd pulled a fast one. He refused to talk to us. We had to call the national choice hotel phone number to find the nearest vacancy, which was 2 hours away in Sioux City, IA. The people running this hotel obviously have no care at all about their customers. Quality Inn lost customers that night. This review is only the beginning of my campaign against the night manager and this hotel chain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here on way to Rapid City. Large, clean room with fridge. Senior rate $83. Incl. tax. Decent. Breakfast with sausage gravyand biscuits, petite tasty donuts and the usual continental fare. Had to ask for towels and toilet paper. A/C was adequate, but wall unit could have been a little more powerful with 90+ heat outside Staff was friendly and professional. Excellent location off highway. Walmart, Cabela's and many other retail and food places minutes from hotel. Close to Corn Palace. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight on 6/8/12 Close to interstate. Outside needs attention. Inside lobby was okay.

• Stayed June 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed at this Quality Inn on our drive through South Dakota. We picked this hotel because it was close to the Corn Palace and it worked out perfectly. We called while on the road and they had a room available. The cost was low and they had all the basics we needed, clean room with a decent amount of room. They gave us a roll-away bed for no extra charge. The continental breakfast was good (cereal, waffles, hardboiled eggs, donuts, juice and yogurt). We did not use the pool so I can not comment.
The staff was very nice.

Overall a good deal and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We requested a non-smoking room and it smelled very clean.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!