“Pet friend, lodge feel , quiet!” 4 of 5 stars

Kelly Inn and Suites Mitchell
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1010 Cabela Drive, Mitchell, SD 57301   |
Ranked #6 of 18 hotels in Mitchell
Fremont, Nebraska
“Pet friend, lodge feel , quiet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Located just off the interstate, close to Cabela's & Walmart. Easy to get to!! Lovely decor, lodge feel with exposed wood beams and fireplace. Rooms are comfy with inside hall or outside access. Semi truck/trailer parking - easy access.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
DaveWollmanSr, Regional Director at Kelly Inn and Suites Mitchell, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
Thank you for your review regarding the Mitchell Kelly Inn, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. My manager and his team provide great guest service and value to price. Thanks again for your comments.

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

They take pets, have large rooms, great breakfasts and are very hospitable. This was the second Kelly Inn we stayed at and will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Muscatine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

This place was overpriced and a huge disappointment. I too went by the reviews on this website. What a joke. As a previous poster said, the cuteness is on the outside. They were not busy when we arrived to check in, the desk person (a red head if the hotel gets on here) was very short with us and did not even attempt a smile. She was an older lady and should have better customer skills or find a different job. Our room was adequate for the five of us. When I walked into the bathroom all I can say is "gross!" It was not clean and even had garbage still in the wastebasket. You could tell they had been in there by the placement of their one complimentary item (a shampoo/conditioner in one) and clean towels. I say "one" because the next place we stayed for less $$ had shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, lotion..... Not that you stay at hotels for that stuff, they are just little perks that most high priced hotels offer these days. Well, not here. I think the sheets at least had been replaced. I also had filthy socks from walking around the room - lovely. Breakfast was also very "cheap" for your money spent staying here. Go somewhere else if you can!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
DaveWollmanSr, Regional Manager at Kelly Inn and Suites Mitchell, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the Mitchell Kelly Inn. It is very expensive to travel through South Dakota during late July and early August. I want to apolgizefor the welcome you received from our Guest Service Agent. We have receieved numerous compliments from other guest's regarding her demeanor. She obviously did not live up to those standards during your check-in. I am very concerned with the condition you found your room. Did you inform the Front Desk of the cleanliness issues? We at Kelly Inn Ltd pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our properties. From your comments very definetly missed the mark. If you are ever traveling through Mitchell again, please give us another chance to earn your business.
Grand Blanc MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

After driving 15 hours from Michigan on our way to Keystone, we decided to stop in Mitchel. I was nervous because I usually research all my stays based on what others have to say about about their experiences. We have 5 adults in our party because of three kids who are older. This hotel did not add an additional fees because of the number of guests in the room. When arriving the hotel lobby was very quaint and it felt like I was away for a ski weekend at a lodge. There were no offensive smells, and the pool was visable from the lobby, and there was no strong smell of chlorine. We asked to see the room before we would decide, and we were not disappointed. The CLEAN room had plenty of space for 5 people. We had two beds and a pull-out sofa, and still had room for the other furniture which was decorated in a pine outdoors theme, (tree and moose theme). The beds had a quilt top added with a down comforter and light blankets. The bathroom was clean, and the vanity area was outside the room with a larger hotel fridge, microwave and coffee pot with plenty of selections. The pool was on the smaller size, but the older kids did not complain. they enjoyed the jacuzzi after such a long drive!
I know other reviewers mentioned the price and I have to say that as soon as I told other hotels who rated in the top 5, I was looking at a minimum of $150.00+ to start per night. If my children were smaller, the water slides may have been appealing, but I prefer not having a bunch of children running up and down the halls. When we came here we received a reasonable rate for our family. If my husband and I were traveling alone, the usual is $100.00 for the most part. There were coupons given out at rest areas, but we find that these hotels always have those rooms “taken" and provide a different rate.
I would recommend this hotel for families because of the lodge feel, the cleanliness, and the fact that the Kelly Inn will not charge you extra fees just because you bring the family to stay.

I did notice that the larger rooms are in the middle of each hallway, and should only be about $25.00 more. If space is an issue, ask for these rooms. I beleived we stayed in room 208. (See pictures.)

We did noy hear other guest, and had neighbors due to the "Do not disturb sign."

I would stay here again, or even at other ones across the country

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

Stayed here 2 nights for business based on reviews. What a disappointment! Other than the exterior log facade with its climbing bears, that's where the "cuteness" ends. At $103.49 (discounted AARP rate) there are much better quality accomodations at much lower rates out there, including in Mitchell, SD. The room was noisy (hallway traffic as well as the tenants above), small older TV, room appointments approaching dated and worn and you could get better water pressure standing out in the rain for your shower. They advertise a free breakfast including BELGIAN WAFFLES! So what!Belgian waffles are now a standard. That's about all you got here though for breakfast. This place would be alright in a pinch, for those who don't place as high a priority on clean, up-to-date ammenties or those who are satisfied with "cute". I've deleted this accomodation from my choices, and possibly the chain.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

This was the nicest place we stopped on a vacation of over 4,000 miles in the car. The bear / outdoors theme carried through the entire hotel, from the wooden bear carvings on the outside of the building to the bed and bathroom decor in the rooms. There was a big laundry room with two coin washers and dryers, which we took advantage of. The bed was quite comfortable. The pool and hot tub were great. Breakfast was completely sufficient. Staff was pleasant. The location was convenient -- near the interstate, plenty of restaurants nearby, and the Corn Palace (our reason for being in Mitchell) a reasonable drive away.

Being from the East Coast, I did not know the Kelly Inn name. If you are in the same boat, do not fear, this was a very nice place!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
DaveWollman, Regional Director at Kelly Inn and Suites Mitchell, responded to this review, August 25, 2009
I want to thank you for the wonderful compliments your gave our hotel in Mitchell. My Manager and Staff work very hard to make sure our guest have a great experience. Thank you for recognizing their efforts!
Montana City, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

This is our third time to stay here passing through. I have always been pleased with it for the price. This time I decided I will look elsewhere next time. The bottom sheets do not stay on the bed, the breakfast is slim pickens and very crowded. The staff is nice enough. It is not a bad place, but no longer what I would call a great one.

• Liked — conveinent to freeway
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Kelly Inn and Suites Mitchell? Share your experiences!