“Madison SD” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Madison

You added Super 8 Madison to your Saves list
Super 8 Madison
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   219 N. Highland Ave., Jct. Hwy 34 & 81, Madison, SD 57042   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Madison
Arnold
“Madison SD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

OK. The room was fine with the exception of the shower stall which smelled mildewy from the leaking ceiling.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was in town for a conference and found the Super 8 clean, well kept and staffed with nice people. It is hard to find someplace like this when traveling through relatively small towns...but for the price it was a good deal...

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
CABLE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I chose this hotel room because of the economical price. The outward appearance of the hotel is also pretty scary. I was a little worried pulling up.

They are in the process of painting, as the floorboards were still splattered. I read other reviews about how they were renovating and painting, and those reviews were in May, so four months later they are still "renovating." The bulbs were out in the bathroom, and one of the globes on the vanity lights was missing. The floor didn't look well vaccumed. There were crumbs and dirt in the corners. The desk/night stand was also busted.

All that being said, the sheets/bedding were clean, as well as the towels. The beds were also pretty comfortable. We didn't have any issues with the AC or anything.

If you're looking for a economical room and you're not hung up on the decorating, then this would be an acceptable place to stay. If you've got higher standards, they won't be met.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Willis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Overall the motel is nice. Front desk people very friendly! I think maybe the motel could use some updating in the bathroom flooring. The bed were very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been all over North America and have stayed in a wide variety of hotels, motels, & dumps, but this one is by far the worst! First of all, I must note that the staff did the best they could, but they were as frustrated as the travellers. Apparently the owner who lives out of town sent his manager out of town for the past month to run another motel(into the ground?). The staff are untrained in running a motel and have no authority or finances to call repair services, like a locksmith! My situation was that due to a funeral we had to scrounge for a place to stay. The problems were as follows, the door lock was broken, they offered us a different room, but it was a smoking room that was so nasty that it would've gagged a maggot! The owner came up to fix the lock, but just because you have a screwdriver and hammer doesn't make you a locksmith! I should know...I was a Certified Locksmith for 15+ years. The staff said they could secure the room and unlock it manually for us and due to no other options being available and they were going to give a discount, we decided to stay. Our mistake! It was around 11PM when we finally got into our room. We found that the lock wouldn't even lock from the inside. The peephole was broken and anyone could look into the room. The room looked like it had newer paint and they had new flatsceen TV. The linens looked clean, but the carpets were filthy with lots of stains and gum(?) stuck in it. I never took my shoes off until I got into bed. I even found gum stuck on the wall! The air conditioner was barely able to maintain a liveable temperature. The microwave didn't work. The lamp shades were stained. I didn't see any signs of pests...I guess even they have higher standards! When we opened the door to the hallway in the morning the odors made me gag! I ran into several people that were also here for the funeral and we all had stories of woe from staying overnight at this dump! I will never stay here again! I need a shower, perhaps a penicillin shot, and I think I need to incinerate my clothing and luggage!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Super 8 Madison? Share your experiences!