“Owners go well above and beyond to make you comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coyote Blues Village B&B

Save Saved
You added Coyote Blues Village B&B to your Saves list
Coyote Blues Village B&B
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23165 Horseman's Ranch Road, PO Box 966, Hill City, SD 57745   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hill City
New Haven, Connecticut
“Owners go well above and beyond to make you comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Peaceful, scenic, quiet setting in the Black Hills. Food was all fresh and homemade. Keep in mind this is a European style breakfast; fresh fruit, plain yoghurt, granola cereal, grainy bread, plus an egg dish. You will enjoy the food and you won't go hungry. I stayed for 3 nights and after the first night regretted not staying an entire week. My last night I went out to eat at a restaurant that Christine and Hans Peter (owners) recommended. I got there a bit late and all the tables were gone. Christine and Hans Peter were there as well having dinner. They saw that I was there and told the waitress that it was OK if I joined them. I told the waitress thanks, but no, I want to respect their privacy. They both pretty much insisted that I join them, I did, and we had a very nice time.

Room Tip: I was solo and stayed in one of the smallest rooms and it was quite comfortable. I didn't see a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 for 2 nights. The hosts were incredibly welcoming. The rooms were very clean. Breakfast was delicious. We had our teenage children with us and they had a wonderful room, as well. We would definitely book this b&b again! (We had the room with the hot tub. It was sooooo relaxing!!)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Though we were unable to stay at Coyote Blues as planned in August for 2 nights, we were treated exceptionally well by Christine, one of the owners. I called Coyote Blues shortly before our reservation date for 4 to explain that we had to cancel due to the unexpected death of my husband's mother. l was very stressed out and she was quite understanding. She told me she would give me a full refund, and I told her we hope to see her next summer on our annual Montana trek from Wisconsin. We really appreciate Christine's generosity and understanding and I felt it was appropriate to share story this with others.

Room Tip: We were directed to the best room for 4 people and 2 beds, yet not sure of the name.
Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

For once, our GPS took us directly to Coyote Blues, which was very good since it is more than a little off the beaten track. But OH HOW WORTH IT! We arrive to find the the owners were gone to Switzerland to see their first grandchild. But we were greeted by Annie (I think, sorry I can't remember, but she was so sweet.) Later Flint, the neighbor/innkeeper came and helped with our luggage and helped us to settle in. We loved our rooms, the European/Antique suite with it's own patio and hot tub. Being two old ladies we don't take advantage of the tub, someone would have to come to help us out, but the patio and view was more than enough. I enjoyed being able to sleep with the patio door open and the fresh air filling my lungs all night.
We were fortunate to be able to stay here for 3 nights and enjoy Flint's fantastic breakfasts each of those mornings. WOW Can He COOK!!! We were able to take in all of the attractions in the area and then return to our home away from home each night. What a joy. We are already trying to decide when we want to return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Crowley, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night stay. The owners Christine & Hanspeter were very welcoming and have put a lot of thought into the amenities they provide their guests. We stayed in the European/Antique room. It was nicely decorated, very clean and the MOST comfortable bed and linens outside my own home. Our room had a hot tub on the patio and was wonderful as we spent each day riding our Harley Davidson and seeing all the beautiful sights.. The breakfast was yummy and such a nice treat to eat outdoors & enjoy the beautiful morning. We rode in on motorcycles and had no problems getting to the house down the long road.

If & when we return we will absolutely stay at Coyote Blue again.

Room Tip: Our room was downstairs and was very secluded with only 2 other rooms on the floor. You could not he...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hill City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The rooms, atmosphere, and food were delicious. We had an outdoor hot tub which was quite romantic, especially because it snowed while we were in it. We were there in the off season so got to see all of the other rooms, and have the one picked out for our next stay.

• Stayed March 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I spent three nights in the Turkish room at Coyote Blues Village. The room was great. The B&B was great (especially the breakfasts!) This gem of a place is nestled in the pines, atop a hill overlooking the Black Hills forest. It is convenient to all Black Hills destinations, but is also secluded and peaceful. Sitting in the hot tub on my patio, sipping a beer and looking at the moon over the mountains after a day of sightseeing was truly magical. The Lakota people consider the Black Hills to be a sacred place. I can certainly see why!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Coyote Blues Village B&B? Share your experiences!