“Nice Campground” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crooked Creek Campground & Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hill City
Crooked Creek Campground & Resort
You added Crooked Creek Campground & Resort to your Saves list
24184 Hwy 385 & US 16, PO Box 603, Hill City, SD 57745   |
Holstein, iowa
“Nice Campground”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have been staying here each year we go out to Sturgis. They have ample tent sites, cabins and hotel. We always stay in the cabins, some have full bathroom while others are just beds. It's clean, friendly and very relaxing. They have breakfast, ice, firewood, pop chips and other accessories for sale while you stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HillCityResort, Owner at Crooked Creek Campground & Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you and your friends again in the future! Happy Camping!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I called twice with questions prior to our stay & was treated rudely. In retrospect, I wish I would have chosen another resort then. We found a used condom between the bed & the wall, a dead fly stuck to the bathroom divider & an all around terrible odor in the tiny cabin. The pool, play area, & breakfast barn are run down. We did not feel welcome left early.

• Stayed July 2013
HillCityResort, Owner at Crooked Creek Campground & Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We apologize that the Resort was not up to your expectations upon arrival. As human beings we sometimes make mistakes. Our ability to correct those mistakes really starts with you, our guest. Unfortunately some guests wait until the last minute or even after they leave to help us correct the problem. Our concrete under ground pool is only 5 years old. This spring we just poured stamped concrete all the way around the outside pool area, and new tile was replaced on the inside of the pool. The pool is only open 3 months out of year and is professionally winterized every year to help maintain the life of the pool. The breakfast barn was just upgraded and re-modeled to meet South Dakota Health Department qualifications and passed inspection with a 100%. The breakfast barn fits the atmosphere of a campground setting. Our intentions were not to imitate a Denny's or an International House of Pancake style of a Restaurant.
West Fargo, North Dakota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Don't stay here. Bad place. We tented one night - Tent Sites 1 & 2 are in front of the restrooms (BTW: one set of restroom/shower/toilet for all). Lights are on all the time. They could allowed people to tent inside the restrooms - no extra efforts to respond to nature. I will give this place a -ve rating. The lady in the office made a big fuss about I using the credit card for $2 (I used up all my cash the previous day) - she taught me how much she pays to the credit card companies and how much she will lose by letting me use my card for a "mere" $2 - I didn't buy ice that morning (went to the gas station and used my card). AVOID AVOID ........... AVOID.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry that our campground did not meet your expectations. The sites you choose to stay in are very close to the restrooms and showers. You should have come to the office and requested a site change. We have several sites with electric and non electric by our beautiful babbling creek. The lights in the restrooms are security lights for the people that have to use them late at night. As far as no extra efforts to respond to nature that is untrue. We have another restroom and shower house located at the south end of the campground. Each guest that checks in is given a campground map showing them to their site. The map also shows where all the buildings are located through out the Campground.
Edgerton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family and I stayed in one of the cabins at this fine establishment recently. It was wonderful. My cabin was right off the road but it was quiet and peaceful. I have to admit I was surprised. The staff was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was relaxing. It was conveniently located within 10 minutes of Mt. Rushmore. It was not much further than that to Custer state park, Crazy Horse Memorial, and Jewel Cave. We did not have internet access because it doesn't work reliably with I Pads I guess but really that just allowed me to focus more on my family and truly unwind. I would definitely recommend this place to any vacationing family looking for a relaxing week away from it all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HillCityResort, Owner at Crooked Creek Campground & Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
We are so happy to hear that your Family had a wonderful time at our Resort and exploring the Black Hills area. Quality Family time is hard to get these days with all the hustle and bustle of our every day lives. The Black Hills is the perfect location for any family fun vacation. Thanks again folks for staying and can't wait to see you back again.

Doug & Michelle Olson
Owners
Puyallup, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am sitting here at Crooked Creek and am very surprised at some of the low ratings that people have written about Crooked Creek. Obviously these people don't get out much because this place is really a well designed campground and RV park. Price is quite reasonable so I don't have a clue what these other people with low opinions of this place really mean. I have spent three days here already and have been quite pleased with all aspects of Crooked Creek. The check-in process was extremely smooth and maybe because I had a reservation. The site was as ordered, a 50 amp pull through. I had site 69 which was right next to the creek. Nice showers, clean restrooms, great laundry room, and best of all the breakfast every morning. All you can eat pancakes for $3.00. Loved the biscuits and gravy. A very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The location of this Resort is the best of the best. You are within several miles of almost all that...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HillCityResort, Owner at Crooked Creek Campground & Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We are so excited that your stay was enjoyable and memorable. Hope to see you again in the future. Safe travels!
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a well managed park. Easy access. Wi fi weak, clean with trees, friendly staff. We stayed here in a motor home.Best park for the price in the area. Restrooms clean. Middle of everything close to needles, Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HillCityResort, Owner at Crooked Creek Campground & Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We would like to first of all say thank you for choosing Crooked Creek Resort and Campground for your Black Hills family vacation. Sounds like you saw most of the attractions in the area. Great events coming to the Hill City area for another visit. One for instance "Brule" the American Indian Rock Opra group will debut this summer. The Custer State Park Buffalo Round event takes place at the end of September. Hope to see you there!!
Brighton, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We are a family of six, I called the resort hoping to get into one of their larger cabins, but the only option was to rent two motel rooms. The room with the 2 queen size beds wasn't bad, but the a/c couldn't keep up with the size of the room. My wife, daughter, and I stayed in the smaller room with one queen size bed with a roll away bed. The room was postage stamp sized and with the rollaway we couldn't get out of the room since the only place to put it blocked the door. We have stayed in KOA Kamping Kottages that were bigger than this. The motel is located on a rise and the parking is limited. We were unable to park in front of our room at all.
The pool is tiny and cold. The free pancake breakfast was flavorless. The prices they wanted for other breakfast options was restaurant prices. I asked for 2 pieces of bacon and was charged $3.00 for overcooked slices. Across from us was a large area reserved for a family reunion. They were loud and boisterous the whole time we were there ( 3 nights) and the staff did nothing to ask them to quiet down. I will not be going there again. Maybe if you can get a cabin or have a fifth wheel or motorhome your experience may be better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your gracious rating. Our appologizes. Our motel is on the smaller side. Please don't hesitate to try us again. Give us the opportunity to help you expiernce a better Black Hills vacation in the future.

Been to Crooked Creek Campground & Resort? Share your experiences!